Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i brought a 207 gti about 7 months ago only 50,000 miles and it developed alot of problems at the same the timing was out due to chain guides/ now sorted. abs and esp light always on due to pressure sensor/ changed abs pump so sorted that, then the speedo doesn't work and its pointing toward the abs ecu, sent the ecu of to be repaired and its not repairable. price for new one fitted and coded is £1500 from peugeot (cant afford to pay that) i have sourced another one with exactly the same numbers on the ecu from ebay today (£350 second hand) and i still don't have no 100% that it will be able to be adaptable to my car, anyone no if it will need coding to the car or will it work straight away once fitted because it has the same part number....any info you have will be great i have read a lot of forums and i no it a common issue with these cars but i cant find any of the forums that actually fix the problem..

Thanks in advance James

·
Registered
870 Posts
yes it should work, just unscrew the 3 torx bolts holding it to the pump and pop it on.

daughters ecu was hard to find so had to pay top dollar £120, but there were plenty cheaper than that, whats the number.

also check the plug can just as easy be water in the plug causing problems.

just noticed ' peugeotcentre ' on ebay just sold the sort i needed for under £70...always the way, may be worth giving them a shout.

·
6,449 Posts
May need coding to car (needs to be set to correct wheel/tyre size) with planet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, my mechanic thinks that if u buy a second hand unit of another vehicle, that unit will be coded to the chassis of that vehicle and you cant fit it to another vehicle without deprogramming it somehow from the original vehicle it was on? anyone no how to deprogramme from the original vehicle and program it to mine...i am hoping it is that simply that i get this unit on monday, plug it into my car and boom away she goes, but nothing seems that straight forward anymore... any more advice or info on anyone having success from coding/programming these abs units would be great

Thanks James

·
6,449 Posts
Once fitted to new vehicle you can update config via planet no need to decode etc first

·
Registered
870 Posts
as long as the number is the same its plug in and go, someone on here said even units with other numbers work but i didnt want to gamble, daughter had right side abs fail, new sensor and ring and it still wouldnt work, new ecu with same number and the light went off straight away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all, just an update, i brought that second hand abs pump, all numbers matched and plugged it in and away she went! so as long as u can find one with same numbers it will work!

Next problem is that after the car warms up i get a message " stop low oil pressure " my mechanic is properly gutted as am i after this car has gave us so much hassle i didnt think anything else could go wrong!

My mechanic has test the pressure of the oil and when its cold its fine but as soon as the engine gets up to temp and the revs drop the pressure pressure drops...hes had the oil pump out to have a look and all looks ok, he replaced oil and filter, really dont want the crank bearing to be knackered!

Any ideas would be nice

Thanks

·
6,449 Posts
Just to be 100% if you have satnav or friend with a few spare mins , check speedo calibration as if abs coded with wrong wheel size can make speedo under/over read.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the speedo is all working now, everythings running good until the engine becomes warm and i get STOP low oil pressure! had it pressure tested and its fine when its cold and when it warms up and drops in revs the low oil pressure is there

·
6,449 Posts
Speedo works but does it show correct speed that was the suggested check speedo could be between 10-20% out (ie enough to get a speeding ticket) if wheel sizes do not match ecu coding

·
Registered
870 Posts
sure you have done this but google 'peugeot 207 stop low oil pressure'
will bring up a few threads on here.
had this a few times in my car auction days and it was always the sensor but seems it may be a few things for the peugeot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts