Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am a car novice so i apologise if i am asking any stupid questions here. I have recently taken my car for an MOT to find that the ABS ECU Module of the car is currently leaking brake fluid.

Mechanic says a part from Peugeot will cost between 700 and 800 pounds!!

he did say to trawl ebay to try and get hold of a second hand part but there are so many numbers starting 96 i am unsure which one is the correct one to buy.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of finding out?

Thanks Again

·
6,431 Posts
Very rare for them to leak brake fluid are you sure it not been changed and someone has cross threaded or not fully tightened a union.

If it is leaking you should be able to just replace the hydro block and not the full pump, which should give you more choice of units as most of the blocks are the same as long as you get same maker and options such as ABS, ESP, TC etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for repyling

see john h post here to spot the number

i mentioned i still had the pump, if its the same number you can have it for a couple of pints.

Thanks so much for getting back to me, if i just searched a bit deeper in the forum i would of found this.

I will go look into it now and might take you up on that offer if the number is the same! :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a fool

Very rare for them to leak brake fluid are you sure it not been changed and someone has cross threaded or not fully tightened a union.

If it is leaking you should be able to just replace the hydro block and not the full pump, which should give you more choice of units as most of the blocks are the same as long as you get same maker and options such as ABS, ESP, TC etc
Mechanic said it was rare as well and was puzzled as to why it was happening. He said the whole unit was saturated, so it was cleaned off. He then took the car up and down the road using the brake which was very spongy as was giving way. he came back and the whole unit was saturated again.

Thinking back to a year ago, i spun out on a country road and mounted a grass verge backwards which ruined my front right passenger wheel where i think this part is located. so i think i cracked it and over time it's got worse and worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ABS Module

Sorry really stupid question.

I have an idea where the part is but how do i gain access to it to see the number, do i need to remove the passenger wheel or the front bumper?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts