Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!

Recently purchased a 2009 308 1.6 HDI. As of last week car was driving grand, until I received a phone call from the wife to say “some ABS thing-y has come on”

Once she returned home I started the car and what do you know, “STOP” ABS braking system faulty. After a bit of googling seen the brake switch sometimes gives bother, so I changed that no worries. The ABS warning went off before I changed the switch; but I changed it anyway. Light came back on at the start of the week. So I took the car to a close friend who owns a garage.
He plugged in his MAC TOOLS diagnostic reader but it was unable to detect the car..... he reverted to an older device, which I can not remember the make off and yet again, nothing.

i have checked all the fuses, found one that was blown, and replaced It. It was in the glove compartment fuse location, fuse F9, which I believe is for the 12v aux/cigarette port, but that could be incorrect.

Any advice as to a possible resolution or can someone point me in the direction of a possible solution. I am new to Peugeots so don't know them very well!

if anyone could help that would be awesome.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Could be a number of things, Generic scanners don’t always work with Peugeot/Citroen the constructors diagnostic tool Pp2000 will allow you to access the ABS system independently. But I would be checking ABS/wheel speed sensors you have one on each corner, check if you have 12v supply to them, the abs reluctor ring is in tact, is this manual al auto.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Most decent diagnostic tools should be able to read the ABS when you say you couldnt get connected was that with ALL systems of the car or just the ABS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was for all car diagnostics. The OBD port was not communicating at all with both diagnostic tools. Neither tools were aware they were connected to the car :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts