Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got an abs/esr fault earning, brakes feel fine. Earlier I was loading a trailer attached to the car and I heard some strain from the handbrake, not a hue weight maybe 1/4 ton. Is it likely that the car could have tried to roll slightly and this may have damaged/moved a sensor? How easy would it be to check?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I have got an abs/esr fault earning, brakes feel fine. Earlier I was loading a trailer attached to the car and I heard some strain from the handbrake, not a hue weight maybe 1/4 ton. Is it likely that the car could have tried to roll slightly and this may have damaged/moved a sensor? How easy would it be to check?
get it on planet as could be a number of things

yaw sensor
angle sensor
abs sensor
abs ecu
abs pump

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Check the brake fluid level first, sometimes the CAN system gets its lines crossed and posts an incorrect message.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks will check that ASAP, although would be a longshot ad the error only appeared after I heard the groaning from the brakes when loading a trailer so I hope it's that but doubt it will be

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had ABS/ESR warning on my coupe, fixed easily as it was the brake switch. Its on the left hand side in the footwell cost about £7 for it and took 5 mins to fit! Since then no ABS/ESR faults!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
he could start replacing all these parts and end up wasting money on stuff that is not needed but the best option is to get it on planet look at fault codes and live data

1 - 7 of 7 Posts