Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone Im new to this forum I hope your all well.

I would like some advice please. I recently had a peugeot 306 1.8 meridian which gave me hardly any problems and was a nice drive. Anyway since then I have decided to buy a peugeot 307 diesel. I have a family member who will give me a 2.0 Litre 307 HDI 2004 reg for £1800. The only thing is that it has 118,000 miles on the clock so I was wandering if any of you guys could help me out.

The car has had no problems to date, I took it for a drive today and it was very smooth but with the high milage are problems likely to occur and if so will they will be expensive to fix? Basically I am asking whether its worth getting or spending more to get one with lower milage.

Thanks in advance

J

·
0 Posts
Has it got full service history? Have you seen all the advisory notes for MOTs for the last few years?

Check for clutch replacement and timing belt.

You basically want to see if the DMF has been replaced or not.

Why not spend a few quid on the AA or RAC doing a professional check?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Good car / Good price ,as said before check history ,did the family member look after it if so then there`s no reason it`ll not do over 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for your replies its much appreciated.

The car has a full service history. The clutch was replaced around 5,000 miles ago and it had an mot last month.

I wanted to know if there were any common costly problems that start to kick in once the milage gets high.

·
Registered
387 Posts
DPF/ FAP filter & additive will probably need looking at, the first being very costly to replace if you go down that route. The car has done enough miles to say it would be due to be checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts