Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Hi Gamma239,

If you install an aftermarket stereo you will normally also need to purchase a "Black Box" that interfaces with the original Radio Cable to allow the use of the Stalks and some of the better ones also display the Radio information on the cars built in display.

They usually provide some method of using the original display settings through the Stalks so you can continue to set the Time and Date etc.

Check with the vendor of the replacement Stereo to see whether they offer anything. Alpine and Pioneer seem to be quite good at supporting this. Some of these boxes also support the original Reversing Sensors so they continue to beep.

Typically it is easier to stay with the original Head Unit on these cars where it is fully integrated into the cars built in display. I am going through the same frustration with my Peugeot 207 where I would like to improve the quality of sound but don't really want to lose all the other functions.

JB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.