Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car in a garage to find and sort out a knock on the front and i have a feeling they went through the dash to check whether the rattle or knock is inside the cabin because it was so loud. I say this because the forst thing they did when i took the car there was to open the glove box and see whats making that noise. Ever since i got it back it had the airbag light on and of course "its not their fault". I took the glove box off and all wires are plugged in and checked the seat plugs too, wiggled them, jiggled them etc. Is it possible for the airbag itself to just break?! Please see error in photo. Hope someone can help with more ideas, im desperate to sort it out but im stuck. Thanks in advance
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Had the car in a garage to find and sort out a knock on the front and i have a feeling they went through the dash to check whether the rattle or knock is inside the cabin because it was so loud. I say this because the forst thing they did when i took the car there was to open the glove box and see whats making that noise. Ever since i got it back it had the airbag light on and of course "its not their fault". I took the glove box off and all wires are plugged in and checked the seat plugs too, wiggled them, jiggled them etc. Is it possible for the airbag itself to just break?! Please see error in photo. Hope someone can help with more ideas, im desperate to sort it out but im stuck. Thanks in advance
Michael
thats a break in the wire going by the pic but what wire i do not know because it does not say what airbag is at fault

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being a level 2 igniter at fault i wouldve thought it is the one in the dash? Also if i go through diagbox into configuration of airbags they are labeled as curtain airbags, passenger seat, side airbag etc, only one being just "passenger airbag".
Hope it makes sense, i did take the glovebox off but couldnt see any broken wires. Theres only 2 short ones from either side of the airbag going to the fusebox.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Being a level 2 igniter at fault i wouldve thought it is the one in the dash? Also if i go through diagbox into configuration of airbags they are labeled as curtain airbags, passenger seat, side airbag etc, only one being just "passenger airbag".
Hope it makes sense, i did take the glovebox off but couldnt see any broken wires. Theres only 2 short ones from either side of the airbag going to the fusebox.
level 2 igniter sounds like drivers airbag fault, what is the fault code?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I don't know if the connectors under the seats are anything to do with this? Perhaps they moved the seats and a connector has come loose? Maybe worth a look.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Have you tried to clear the fault? They might have unplugged the airbag while the battery was connected, triggering the fault.
If it does not clear, check the connectors for bent pins. Also look for corrosion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, checked under the seat, that was the first thing and easiest.
If i clear the error it comes straight back on.
Im going to check the power at the plugs of the airbag in the dash. Does anyone know if there is continuous power to those?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The picture of the diagnostic screen shows that the deactivation switch is on. This probably means that the switch is set to the 'airbag on' position but might just mean the switch is set to deactivate the passenger airbag. My owners manual says that the airbag warning light could be illuminated if the passenger airbag is deactivated. Maybe it's something that simple.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I had a look at that as well just in case but the error shows up on the dash too as airbag/pretensioners fault, hence checking all airbags where it says pretensioners are ok, curtains are ok, drivers ok, only for passenger it shows fault. Im still waiting for the electrician to check for power at the plugs and see how that is...dont know where to go from there though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I literally just came back to the office from playing around in the car a bit more. Turned the switch on and off a couple of times. When the switch is off it shows on the dash being off, fault still comes up the same way. Turn it back on, light goes off on the dash but error still shows up so the switch seems to be working properly. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts