Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 56 reg 307 1.6 HDi (90) , i keep replacing the orange/brown rubber insert that goes on the air pipe to the turbo. They keep popping off and splitting. I think i have gone through at least 3 or 4 since owning it. the last of which i think is only 6 months or so old.

Any ideas why this does this, is it an inherent fault with this engine and is there any cure/fix for it?

:mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
seal

The one on my 308 is a bit of a loose fit, although it has never popped off or split. I have thought of removing the spring clamp that holds it on and replacing it with a jubilee clip.

·
11,711 Posts
I went through three of these on my last 307, due to a combination of over tightening and not lubricating the spindle. Thankfully they're only a tenner!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had the exact same issue. I resolved it completely by cleaning all components with brake cleaner and reinstalling. Don't over-tighten as it will split the orange seal. Took about 10 mins to disassemble, clean and reinstall.

I have a 2006 56 reg 307 1.6 HDi (90) , i keep replacing the orange/brown rubber insert that goes on the air pipe to the turbo. They keep popping off and splitting. I think i have gone through at least 3 or 4 since owning it. the last of which i think is only 6 months or so old.

Any ideas why this does this, is it an inherent fault with this engine and is there any cure/fix for it?

:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts