Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI here on something you shouldnt do...

Was cleaning my car the other day so the drivers seat was quite far back, when i got in it to drive my foot was under the accelerator pedal, so i just used this to pull me and my seat closer

Strangely enough I then got the antipollution fault, and went into limp home mode with engine light on

Cleared this with a BSI reset and then the cogs in my head started turning, so after a bit of tinkering i have concluded that if you pull the accelerator pedal upwards, or even knock it slightly upwards, it seems to trigger antipollution/limp home/engine light

Have tested a few times and it does trigger everytime!

So dont do it (not that many people ever will!!)

A very strange little glitch! (2003 2.0 HDI)

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Unless someone wants you to think theres a problem and a dodgy mechanic fixes it and costs you a packet,
could go into hints/tips section? (not for making money by the way )

·
Registered
239 Posts
that's technology for you your altering the throttle position pedal sensor by forcing it back which alters the signal to the ECU so it needs to re-learn/re-set,

mine has electric seats:D but if they screw up then you really have a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah maybe it could be moved to tips section just incase someone could save a few $$ by clearing this one themselves!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.