Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, not sure if this is the right spot and hello everyone too, as new on the forum.

And hands up !!! I am a newbie as simply desperate. But the site does look really good now I`m here.

And I don`t know if anyone will be able to help. Please.

Back In April this year I took my son way over to the other side of the country to see a BMW R1100RT Motorbike, really nice but not running well.

But he did end up getting a lovely one, not long after. Fantastic bike. Though very heavy etc.

Anyway when heading back east we had just got on to the M55 and the van suddenly just switched off as we went along.

Oh Gawd etc etc.

Luckily there was a hard shoulder we could coast on to, to stop.

But shortly after it started up and we got all the 130 odd miles back home amazingly, and thankfully.

But since then it has done this many more times and building and seems to need to sit longer and longer to resettle ??? now overnight usually.

It turns over OK but will not catch/start until it resets or whatever it does.

It now seems generally to conk just after set off about every 4 or 5 set offs.

The local garage are totally stumped and did fit a new in tank fuel pump relay but to no end sadly.

Thing is as it always seems to eventually reset so you can`t seem to get a fault to be picked up etc.They do have a usual garage up dated reader etc, though probably not as good as an actual Peugeot one.

Sometimes the orange engine managment light comes on, on the dash/clocks. and then goes off later, other times it does`nt.

It seems to mainly die now after set off most times, through still sometimes as you go along.

It has had a new fuel filter too.

Its an expert combi home mini camper and to be honest the best 4 wheel thing I`ve ever owned up until recent months. 44 MPG on a good run and lots of whoomph etc.

Hoping after hope someone will have had or of known of a similar thing, or ideas please, as its got low miles and is really nice overall Mark 2 version 2004-07.

2.0 HDI 16 valve 110

I can`t cope with the on going breakdowns, costs or stress etc and would love to get it back running well and sorted.

Many Thanks in advance and hope.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Most common reason for these issues is wiring loom issues there is no fuel pump relay it is a double relay for power to ecu and pump

Check the loom where it goes from engine to ecu it tends to wear down and can short out on body at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you, I will look there, really appreciate all and any advice.

There may be some hope as I was about to just give up as I think the garage have.

Thanks.

PS sorry I know this might sound daft but where is the ECU please. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts