Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm (well, my car is) due an oil change. Also, when I dipped it, it was it's fairly low, about 3\4 down.

My lovely 5l of Ineo ECS arrived today, and so I threw in maybe a pint (I want to keep about 4L for the change, 3.5 plus filter takes a few 100ml's too I think).

My thinking is that I'll leave a bit of the new stuff in there for a few days, to absorb a bit more crap, I know it probably won't make too much difference, but what the hell, maybe it will, I might even throw the other half pint in as well, we'll see.

Just wondering if anyone else does this, or flushes out with a few litres of cheap oil for a few days before putting the new good stuff in? If so, do you do it for a day, a week, a few minutes?

·
11,873 Posts
When I had my 307 that used about 4L of oil I always drained the oil then poured the last litre through the system before refitting the sump plug and adding new.

I used to do 6000 mile changes though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I had my 307 that used about 4L of oil I always drained the oil then poured the last litre through the system before refitting the sump plug and adding new.

I used to do 6000 mile changes though.
Hmm interesting. How did it look? Or did you just let it flow into the same container you were collecting the old oil in? If it looked fairly clean, you could always run it through a few times.. Or take off the rocker cover and pour it over the camshaft and lobes. But I suppose that might be getting into ocd territory though. That's not to say I'm not going to do it myself :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts