Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

After parking my 307 1.6 Petrol (2003 model) on a hill facing up with the fuel guage reading just above the red zone (without the low fuel light on), the Peugeot refused to idle and after a few tries even start.

I added around five liters of fuel and the car started on the first try, but I had the check engine light on and a Anti-Pollution error coming up on the screen.
The light and AP warning eventually stopped after starting and stopping the engine a few times, but I would like to ask if there's anything that I need to check out after this this stupid mistake of mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont run out of fuel :)
The best advice anyone can get (and it covers more than cars!)

Actually I think it's the second time in my life I've left a vehicle with so little fuel in the tank, and to be honest I the low fuel light never came on.

Thanks for the info and have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Antipollution/depollution error fault - peugeot 207cc

Hey all,

I just bought my first car in March 2018 - newly qualified driver also, so imagine how annoying this error for me.

After taking the car home from Essex to Berkshire (2 hours drive), the antipollution error registered on the car straight away with the engine management light on.
Peugeot 207CC GT 1.6 engine - 2007 May - bought it with 102600 mileage. - old car with lots of mileage.- PETROL CAR

Since March to now June, 2018 - i took the car to 3 different garages (local ones, NOT peugeot as they would charge me even more).
The following has been done on the car: (PETROL ENGINE)

- New radiator
- New thermostat housing
- New cam shaft sensor
- New temperature engage sensor

Now the car is not going into limp mode anymore, but the antipollution error has changed to Depollution error, and it is coming up every few days, then it goes away and so on. The car feels dodgy to drive, the clutch feels really strange and noisy when this depollution error comes up, i can hardly accelerate to up to more than 40 mph, the engine shuts of occasionally and also few different "NOT TRUE" errors came up along with the depollution one, for example Fog light error.
The car is literally eating petrol - i fill it up full every week with £50 worth of petrol. Also i have to add 1 L oil every 2 weeks as it seems like it is burning oil too?!

It was also coming up continuously with MISFIRE x2 code, but did not say what was it for, and unfortunately the garages each time only told me that the error message that came up were MISFIRE x2. - does not help us, does it?!

The depollution error has been cleared like 6x with a Peugeot code reader, but is still coming up every few days and the car feels dangerous to drive, so i am not even trying to go on motorways, etc. Embarrassing enough to drive it with a black box and feeling dodgy, but engine cuts out every few days in a middle of a huge roundabout, people are beeping at me, fingers, calling me names, when it is the car, not me.

I am sure that all of you who reads this have read so many forums and there are so many possible reasons can be for the antipollution error, but i need some advice where to go from here, as i bought the car for £1000 and already spent £600 on it, so i am not going to sell it, nor spending any more money on it.
ANY ADVICE ON WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CHANGE OR LOOK OUT FOR?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.