369 Posts
Hi guys
I've just had done a dpf removal and a remap
Plus some extra power !!
Thing is now my clutch is slipping !! So can any one
Recomend a good clutch ??
My car is the 2.0 136 hp 2004 model
Many thanks
Like mine it will have a duel mass flywheel on yours. When my flywheel fell apart (clutch looked new) I changed it for a Luk one which is original fitment. I got mine from Eurocarparts.
For the labour that’s involved probably worth putting a new flywheel on there too :rolleyes:
I did look for a solid conversion but didn’t find one for the 136 and a few people didn't recommend a solid one due to the extra power/torque.

I am looking at removing the dpf on mine.
Did you do the dpf mods yourself? If so do you have to cut open then reweld the dpf?
Who did the remap? Was it on a rolling road/live map or was it a generic map? and what gains mpg etc are you getting?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am looking at removing the dpf on mine.
Did you do the dpf mods yourself? If so do you have to cut open then reweld the dpf?
Who did the remap? Was it on a rolling road/live map or was it a generic map? and what gains mpg etc are you getting?[/QUOTE]

hi mate
Yeah I did do the exhaust myself I was told that I may have to cut it out but to my surprise it took me the hole of 20 mins to butcher it out with a big inch bar and a hammer once you get it started the dpf just falls apart !! Did this myself to save a few quid then took the car to my local diesel specialest to do my remap
He did me a generic map I think !! Cost me £300 to have that done , the power gain I got after is awesome drives better at bottom end and when the turbo comes in not so sure about mpg yet cus only got car back last Friday and now clutch is starting to slip :-( I would think the only down side to it is it puffs out alot more smoke out , just proves what the dpf did lol if you not bother about the smoke issue then I would get it done !!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks for the info :thumb:
Did you smash the whole dpf out or just put a hole in the centre of it? I have heard it doesn't smoke as much if you only drill the centre out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I smashed it all out !! My thoughts were to remove the lot and give the engine more to breath plus if any was to break up surly it would end up in the back box which may cause more problems !!

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I smashed it all out !! My thoughts were to remove the lot and give the engine more to breath plus if any was to break up surly it would end up in the back box which may cause more problems !!
Maybe to much torque , generic maps can be touch and go , bring car back to the mapper and ask him to write one with less torque,
what was power gains ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know if it's toxic or not but it's a bit late now lol
I was told my power gains would be around the 30 bhp but didn't say anything about torque

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Its the Torque thats important , No readout?
as i say generic maps are abit hit and miss , a good mapper will write you a map or tinker with the generic map he puts in ,
is it a reputable mapper?
Phone and say your clutch is slipping , see what he says .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I might do that !! One thing I should say though is my car has now done 80k
On its original clutch with 80% being town driving so I would think its ready for a clutch !! But my concern is the black smoke it chucks out !! Has if it's over fueling what's your thoughts ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts