Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Last year I bought a 2010 308 1.6HDi from my mum with only 66K on the clock and I've only just registered here as I am wanting some information / advice on my car please.

1) I have seen that it is possible in most cases to install cruise control and limiter functionality to it. I have installed a genuine? switch bought off of ebay and go into the software and enabled cruise control with limiter functions in both the BSI and ECU, however when I press the buttons on the back of the stalk + or - for the limiter occasionally I will get a speed on the dash with the limiter off showing but more often than not it just shows 3 dashes and showing limiter off. I can not seem to get it to enable. Also when try and enable cruise control I get a message in the info panel in top middle of dash saying cruise control impossible.

2) I have managed to get a gear shift indicator working (just because I could) so that's another £10 on resale value lol.

3) Is it possible to install a bluetooth module with microphone for making phone calls? I just have a basic looking stereo (not sure on the model or how to find model)

4) I bought the car off my mum and a couple of years ago one of the DRL's stopped working and she was told that a complete headlight unit needs to be replaced as you can not change the bulbs for DRL's on it. The DRL's are built into the head light unit and not the LED ones down by the fog lamps. Is this correct? I have had a quick look at the back of the head light unit and can not see access to the rear of the DRL portion from within the car but I have not taken the unit out to check.

I have basic mechanical understanding and am not afraid to give things a go if there is minimal risk of me breaking things on the car.

Thank you.

John.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi ,just for the third quasrion..yes it is possible and very easy to install a Bluetooth.
There is a video as well on YouTube from a guy in Romania called Adrian Dragan.
I am about to install the same Bluetooth in mine 308.

Στάλθηκε από το IN2020 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ,just for the third quasrion..yes it is possible and very easy to install a Bluetooth.
There is a video as well on YouTube from a guy in Romania called Adrian Dragan.
I am about to install the same Bluetooth in mine 308.

Great thanks i will have a look at that.
Cruise control is working but only in 4th and 5th gear. I assume that is normal. Limiter is still not working so maybe that one is a no go.

· Registered
228 Posts
Hi there.

Last year I bought a 2010 308 1.6HDi from my mum with only 66K on the clock and I've only just registered here as I am wanting some information / advice on my car please.

1) I have seen that it is possible in most cases to install cruise control and limiter functionality to it. I have installed a genuine? switch bought off of ebay and go into the software and enabled cruise control with limiter functions in both the BSI and ECU, however when I press the buttons on the back of the stalk + or - for the limiter occasionally I will get a speed on the dash with the limiter off showing but more often than not it just shows 3 dashes and showing limiter off. I can not seem to get it to enable. Also when try and enable cruise control I get a message in the info panel in top middle of dash saying cruise control impossible.

2) I have managed to get a gear shift indicator working (just because I could) so that's another £10 on resale value lol.

3) Is it possible to install a bluetooth module with microphone for making phone calls? I just have a basic looking stereo (not sure on the model or how to find model)

4) I bought the car off my mum and a couple of years ago one of the DRL's stopped working and she was told that a complete headlight unit needs to be replaced as you can not change the bulbs for DRL's on it. The DRL's are built into the head light unit and not the LED ones down by the fog lamps. Is this correct? I have had a quick look at the back of the head light unit and can not see access to the rear of the DRL portion from within the car but I have not taken the unit out to check.

I have basic mechanical understanding and am not afraid to give things a go if there is minimal risk of me breaking things on the car.

Thank you.

John.
1: I have done this to mine, if you want the limit function, you need to replace your accelerator pedal with a kick-down one so that the limiter works. If you have not fitted this, change back to Cruise only in BSI etc and use the stalk in Cruise only to avoid issues. Cruise only works from a certain speed (25+ mph i think)

3: For factory bluetooth, You need to upgrade to the RD45 headunit, including the centre dash screen, and add a microphone. This is the kit i bought, it has everything included for fuss free install. Peugeot 308 Bluetooth CD player radio with AUX USB Music Streaming CODE INCLUDED | eBay

4: If your DRL light is in the headlamp unit itself and looks a yellowey white in the working one, then it is a P21/5W bulb and simply needs replacing. It is a dual filament bulb (the same used in brake/tail lights), so if the DRL blows, the sidelight will still operate. I've replaced a few on mine, and eventually replaced them for an LED bulb instead (AUXITO 380 P21/5W LED Brake Tail Parking Daytime Light Bulbs Canbus 1157 BAY15D | eBay)

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1: is that an easy swap or is different wiring loom required for that pedal? they are quite cheap on ebay.

3: that looks the same as my stereo but not sure but if a new one is required and also the new dash screen then probably wont bother as its quite a bit of money.

4: I will have a look but it looks to me like it is a separate part of the headlight unit to me.

Thanks for the help folks.

· Registered
228 Posts
1: is that an easy swap or is different wiring loom required for that pedal? they are quite cheap on ebay.

3: that looks the same as my stereo but not sure but if a new one is required and also the new dash screen then probably wont bother as its quite a bit of money.

4: I will have a look but it looks to me like it is a separate part of the headlight unit to me.

Thanks for the help folks.
1: Just 3 nuts to remove and disconnect the plug. No other modifications required. Literally just need the correct pedal. Just make sure you buy the right one, I accidentally bought the 5 pin version, my car is 6- connector. Check the seller's pics to be sure they match your connector.

3: Worth it, you can get them cheaper, but i wanted everything in one go as i didn't have Aux-in, USB, or Bluetooth. With the kit i linked, its a straight swap. Bluetooth calling even works with the steering wheel remote. They code it all for you prior to posting, handy if you dont have Lexia/PP

4: Can you post up a pic please?

· Registered
17 Posts

How did you manage this ?? Is it possible ?

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1: Just 3 nuts to remove and disconnect the plug. No other modifications required. Literally just need the correct pedal. Just make sure you buy the right one, I accidentally bought the 5 pin version, my car is 6- connector. Check the seller's pics to be sure they match your connector.

3: Worth it, you can get them cheaper, but i wanted everything in one go as i didn't have Aux-in, USB, or Bluetooth. With the kit i linked, its a straight swap. Bluetooth calling even works with the steering wheel remote. They code it all for you prior to posting, handy if you dont have Lexia/PP

Something I will look in to then.
I will get a pic sorted out in the morning. Thanks.

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

How did you manage this ?? Is it possible ?

There was an option I think in the BSI configuration. I will have a look for the menu in the morning for you.

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so it appears I was looking at the wrong portion of the light unit. There are 4 portions and I thought the DRL was the inside portion which you have no direct access so thankyou. I will get the bulbs ordered and fitted.
IMG_20211224_093737.jpg

Ah well done ,yes please ,and let me know ..if there is I will activate it as well .

Here is a quick video guide. I apologize for the camera shaking, my hand shakes a lot and unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it.

Once you have enabled it, there will be an arrow and gear number in the display where the mileage is located. It shows up at different times depending on how you are driving. E.G. If you are accelerating harder then it will show up later than if you just accelerating gently.

VID_20211224_092951.mp4

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the reply ...but both links can't be opened ...I don't know why...

Hmm ok no problem I will have to look into that.

1: Open the Diagbox software and click repair,
2: Go into Built-in System Interface (BSI),
3: Scroll down to Repair,
4: Click on Configuration and then into Manual Configuration,
5: Enter the Driver Information menu,
6: Go down to "Presence of gear indicator recommended" (near the bottom) and change this to yes.

That should be it working.

· Registered
228 Posts
On my 308, the DRL is this bulb below. It is a twin filament P21/5W.

Try and replace that and see how you get on. The only other DRL on these were a strip in the Fog Light trim if it wasn't in the headlight.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
2010 308 1.6HDi
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On my 308, the DRL is this bulb below. It is a twin filament P21/5W.

Try and replace that and see how you get on. The only other DRL on these were a strip in the Fog Light trim if it wasn't in the headlight.
Yes sorry I forgot to update. I did manage to get the bulbs changed ok and they work now, Thankyou.
I am curious though. What is that inside portion for? I have tried all the lights and nothing lights up in there and it doesn't even look like a bulb to me.

· Registered
17 Posts
Ok, I will post in here what I am thinking to do of this is possible ..and I want your opinion/knowledge..cause as far as I did my research ,I couldn't find any result.

So..I am thinking to replace my seat belt display indicator with the one from the newer model ...do you think it can fit ?

· Registered
17 Posts
I forgot to mention the codes ...so ,the serial for the old part (what i have now on) is 9664644189 and for the new on ,what I want to put on is 9818840980...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.