Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Took delivery on Thursday, and very impressed with the experience so far.

I'm gradually getting used to many of the features, but have a couple of questions.
I can see that the lane depart and blind spot monitoring works, but what about the other safety aids, such as automatic breaking if the car detects a pedestrian or vehicle, how can I check that and the other safety features? I've got a Gtline so assume they come as standard.

Also I stumbled upon a screen which states WI-FI enable. Does the car have Wi-Fi and If so how do I enable it?

How do I configure the personal dial setting on the head up, and is there a way to automatically recalculate your MPG each journey without resetting it?

Thanks

· Registered
544 Posts
Hi guys,
Took delivery on Thursday, and very impressed with the experience so far.

I'm gradually getting used to many of the features, but have a couple of questions.
I can see that the lane depart and blind spot monitoring works, but what about the other safety aids, such as automatic breaking if the car detects a pedestrian or vehicle, how can I check that and the other safety features? I've got a Gtline so assume they come as standard.

Also I stumbled upon a screen which states WI-FI enable. Does the car have Wi-Fi and If so how do I enable it?

How do I configure the personal dial setting on the head up, and is there a way to automatically recalculate your MPG each journey without resetting it?

Thanks
You could always get someone (preferably someone you're not keen on!) to stand in your way and then drive at them. The only problem with that is that it could be messy if it doesn't work. Seriously though, my hubby's car has it on and it usually kicks in when driving across some of the supermarket car parks. I don't know why people think it's okay to just walk out in front or behind you when they're pushing a trolley but the car alerts you to their presence.

I don't have my car until Tuesday but I will be attempting to set up the personal dashboard so will let you know if no one else comes up with the info.

Gill

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Yeah I was waiting for that!

Yeah if you can let me know. Not sure how I can tell (apart from the obvious) I did try getting a little too close to the car in front....bjt it let me, and I didn't notice any warning, unlike the kanr departure and blind spot, which notifies you.

Thanks

· Registered
683 Posts

Yeah if you can let me know. Not sure how I can tell (apart from the obvious) I did try getting a little too close to the car in front....bjt it let me, and I didn't notice any warning, unlike the kanr departure and blind spot, which notifies you.

Thanks
You didn't get close enough lol it does warn you with a message within a red circle on the dash. I have also heard a couple of bongs/bings when people got to close to the car with a message that disappears to quickly to read, might well have said active safety brake but I was past the persons before it engaged, not sure.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
I have noticed one thing I wasn't aware of. When I pull onto my drive I normally park sideways across the drive, but yesterday pulled up with the car facing the house as we had visitors. I found that the car would let me get within a couple of feet of the wall, and then stopped creeping forward as automatics normally do in gear with foot off the brake. The front sensors had just activated, so I'm wondering if this is part of the auto brake feature to stop you getting too close to an object. You can edge closer by dipping the accelerator, but without doing that the car just stopped dead as if I had applied the parking brake.

· Registered
61 Posts

Thanks
On my Qashqai its not triggered by distance but by closing speed, in other words if something in front is going considerably slower than you and you don't respond.

· Registered
25 Posts
Assuming you have a smartphone you need to down load the my Peugeot app and then pair hour phone via Bluetooth to the car .... in the app settings it will ask you the local area fuel prices then it records EVERY journey you make and tells you to the very penny how much it's costs you .... hope this helps

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Hi guys

Thanks
I thought it was capable of logging in to your home WiFi.
Wouldn't you just enter your home password if that's the case?.
And in that case can you bypass the dealer for TomTom supply directly?.
Surely this is the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.