Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Purchased the wife a 407sw 2006 a months back , not my choice Im Land Rover Defender man ! But quite happy with the car , it pretty much does what it says on the tin.

Im sorry if these issues have already been discussed but i could not find them in the forums
Sorry if long winded !!!

Issues:

1. Parked the car up last night , tried to start this morning and just clicked, now being a Landy man I know enough about faulty starters and flat batteries bleieve me ha ha. It wasnt a starter motor type click but more of a clunk , all the interior lights,computer, windows etc all worked. I cleaned the batt terminals and connected my sons little mini one via jump leads and without even a single rev from the mini the 407 burst into life first turn of key !! Is this a normal fault ? 5 hours later and its still starting ok ? Maybe just one of those things ?

2. The lights on the auto box Lever dont work so in dar she finds it hard to see what gear she is in..... easy fix ???

3. When she gets in the car the interior of windscreen is soaking. Im sure its condensation, I have checked for dampness and all seems fine.....any ideas ?

4. Tyre pressure sensors, can i turn them off as they are always showing on the screen when first get in car.

She wont drive my lovely old damp , wet, cold , no heating , smelly uncomfy 25 year old Land Rover Defender so would appreciate any help.

Many Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sounds like it needs a new battery, its probably still on the original.

Auto box i believe doesnt have lights next to leaver as it tell you on the dash.

The sensors need turnin off usin peugeots own software, known as peugeot planet (pp2000).

Cant think of water igress on sw, on the saloon its normally rear lights.

Think thats it lol.

sent from my non apple product usin free autoguide.com

·
5,087 Posts
Hi Gary and welcome :cool:
Don't worry about being a Land Rover owner we wont hold it against you :thumb:

1: Be VERY VERY careful jump starting a 407 it can and most likely will spike the BSI costing you lots of money (have a search on here about it) But i think your problem is definitely the battery, these need a good strong battery

2: As Kev has said there is no light on the centre console (think we discussed this one umpteen times although ive never had an auto

3: Is the heating set to Recirc ?? and check the pollen filter as well

4:What message exactly is showing on the dash for the tyre monitoring ?? Mine has standard vales fitted and the TPMS is still switched on but i only get an error message every hour or so of driving.

No Idea what the defender's are like but we have 3 or 4 :eek: Disco's in the family (see now ive admitted that)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Check the pollen filter for the condensation.
Also, what interior has it got?. I have a GT with leather, and have discovered I get more condensation than with my cloth interior 407.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had my tyre pressure sensors turned off at local Auto Electricians, was part of a package but originally was going to charge £30 for hooking up - worth it to save on that irritating message :(

Mine has more misty look about it inside - not so much condensation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts