Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, im new to this forum really and i would just like to give you some of my experience from modifying cars ect. I have upgraded my Side Lights, main running lights, High beam and fog lights(front) to HID Xenon. I have had them fitted into my car now for over a good 4/5 months and have had 0 trouble. if anyone is interested in these items, cheap and easy of ebay(my speciality) haha. All HID kits ballasts and bulbs are only 35w.

Canbus Side LED lights.
2 x ERROR FREE CANBUS W5W T10 501 LED SIDE LIGHT BULB 9 SMD - Xenon White | eBay

HID Canbus Ballasts.
HID Ballast Xenon Bulbs 35W 12v - Slim Ballasts Car Light Set HeadLight AC DC | eBay

HID Xenon Lights H1 10000k.
1 Pair/2PCS Xenon HID STGG Car Headlights Head Lamps Bulb 35W H1 3000K-12000K | eBay

HID Xenon Lights H7 10000k(High Beam).
12V 35W HID Xenon Car Headlight Bulb Lamp H7 10000K Single Beam UK free shipping | eBay

Or if your after making your car look abit nicer looking or swag, i got some tailored fitted car matts and wind defelctors.

Car Matts
Peugeot 407 Fully Tailored 4 Piece Car Mat Set with 2 Clips | eBay

Wind Deflectors
PEUGEOT 407 5 door Estate 2004-2010 wind deflectors 4pc set | eBay

Let me know what you think or if i could do any upgrades/modifications that you guys have done to your car. Thanks Craig.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Craig. when you fitted your HID kit, how did you manage with the two male live and earth terminals? My H1 light has the live and earth terminal combined.

·
5,027 Posts
you are aware of the issues Hid's can cause,arent you ??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any pics of your hids? I'm guessing you have h7s tbh... And term what issues does it cause, because I haven't had any and like I said iv had them fitted for a good 4 months.

·
5,027 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks for the replies and concerns. I've used HID's for a few years in a number of cars and bikes. My low beam is a H1, with only one connector. Normally, there would be a live female and an earth female on the light but there aren't any. if problems arise, I'll revert back to nightbreakers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
thanks for the replies and concerns. I've used HID's for a few years in a number of cars and bikes. My low beam is a H1, with only one connector. Normally, there would be a live female and an earth female on the light but there aren't any. if problems arise, I'll revert back to nightbreakers.
I too have fitted HID kits to previous cars, one of my last cars had HID's fitted to low beam, high beam and front fogs without an issue.
BUT with peugeot electronics being as sensitive as they are i wouldn't dream of fitting an aftermarket kit to my 407.
Mind its not just peugeot's electonics that are this sensitive and new vehicles are very sensitive and they monitor voltage and current etc of each circuit and use the same wire for muiltiple aplications or sensors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
I take it those wind deflectors are HEKO manufactured...

any issues fitting them?
just bought a set and waiting for dry day to fit them....

cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update on fitting Feflectors to 207SW

Well Sunny morning so thought I'd give fitting the deflectors a go.
No Problems encountered front and back fitted in a matter of minutes.
Windows go up no problems.
Used the metal Clips as shown on postage stamp instructions (Toothed side inwards Flat side outwards against the deflector)
Going to leave windows up now for a couple of days to give the sticky taped sections time to seal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts