Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my aircon had stopped working (couldn't hear the compressor click in), so I went to kwik fit yesterday and had it regassed, then I could hear the compressor click in and was nice and cool.

How ever this morning I went to use it again and no compressor click....

Have I got a leak or will the compressor not kick in under a certain temp? (currentley 7 degrees?)

Hopefully it will be as warm as yesterday today and can test again.

Any thoughts??

Many Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i have read somewhere, not sure if its pug tho, the air con compressor will not come on under 10 degrees.

but i found it did if you put the heat on. if that makes sense

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have read somewhere, not sure if its pug tho, the air con compressor will not come on under 10 degrees.

but i found it did if you put the heat on. if that makes sense
Ahh, will have to have a try at lunch, i'm really hoping its not a leak.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
My air con doesn't work on the 407 below about 4-5 degC... will definitely kick-in at 7degC tho (thats the 407, wouldn't have thought the 307 would be too different)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not happy at all, just tried it and still no compressor kick in, no cold air. Taken it back to kwik fit who said it passed the pressure test fine, they are currentley checking it again to see if the gas has escaped. If it has I imagine it will be a duffed valve.

:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Had a duff valve myself, only a few quid though to fix, pretty similar to a tyre valve, just replaced the inside bit

However if it is then kwik fit should have flagged this up, mine had some luminous stuff put in it to identify the leak

If indeed it is leaking you'll have to get them to drain it for you, knowingly releasing the gas is on the wrong side of the law! :p

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
It was 3-4 degrees on my 307. It was regassed and stopped within a few days. Turned out to be a leak in my condenser.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys, they said that it was working fine when they tested it again, and that the levels were still full.

So on the way home all nice and cold again, and today the air coming out seems to be colder than the outside temp, but I cant hear my compressor kick in again.

Think I will monitor it for a while.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still not working, no compressor kick in and no front fan spinning. I just cant work it out each time its been to Kwik fit its come back working for a day, kwik fit said they didnt need to gas it the 2nd time so its not a gas leak.

Its not been as warm today but should have been warm enough, the only thing I can think is a dodgy temp sensor (not sure where they are for the climate control) or a dodgy clutch on the compressor, or kwik fit are lying and they did gas it both times in knowledge it was escaping!!

Any ideas??

Many Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
If indeed it is leaking you'll have to get them to drain it for you, knowingly releasing the gas is on the wrong side of the law! :p
Would think they have kit to extract it rather than vent it off - we've had chiller compressor work carried out at work this week, and all the gas is extracted with a vacuum pump into a gas bottle... would expect professional outfits to do the same with air con units

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, been testing it still no compressor kick in, or front fan spinning, i'm wandering if it could be the pressure sensor, does anyone know where its located as i'm going to take the plug off and short the pins to see if it kicks in?

Many Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts