Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car in end of last week to have a new Air con condensor fitted. Of course they tried the "It needs an X at £Y" to which I replied "Not after owning it less than a month it doesn't, now get cracking"
Got it back, air con is now tickety boo.
Due to work, I have not lifted the bonnet since I got it back on Thursday.
Now, I went out earlier to give the plastics a wipe over and top up the washer fluid. What should I find? Or not find in some cases.
Scratched plastics, broken plastic screws, NO COOLANT in the reservoir, and the undertray hanging on hopes and dreams underneath.
Do you actually need to check stuff done by TRAINED ADULTS nowadays??
This is a main, franchised Peugeot dealer by the way, not an Indy.

C

·
0 Posts
This is why I don't use main dealers other than for parts, nearly all the one's I've seen have 1 or 2 techs and loads of spotty teenagers doing the work.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is why I don't use main dealers other than for parts, nearly all the one's I've seen have 1 or 2 techs and loads of spotty teenagers doing the work.
It was warranty work, so I didn't have much choice. The local spanner monkey I use is a decent bloke. Never had an issue with him.
Plus, he doesn't have the Air con re gas equipment.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to the service manager, who comes across as a decent guy.
He's installing a man into a van and sending him over here to sort it :D

C

·
0 Posts
Just hope it ain't the one who left it that way, otherwise I don't fancy his chances of getting off your drive!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just hope it ain't the one who left it that way, otherwise I don't fancy his chances of getting off your drive!

I'll refrain from asking, incase I have a sudden urge to slap him lol.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorted, topped the coolant up and bled it, and fitted 3 x undertray fixings :D

C

·
0 Posts
Did you Go to Bodge It & Scarper Peugeot? :lol: You would expect more from a Dealer

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you Go to Bodge It & Scarper Peugeot? :lol: You would expect more from a Dealer
Rhymes with Dobins and Ray, in Lincoln ;)
All sorted now though, so no probs. Unless it needs anything in the future and they muck that up too!

C

·
0 Posts
Rhymes with Dobins and Ray, in Lincoln ;)
All sorted now though, so no probs. Unless it needs anything in the future and they muck that up too!
Don't take it in for a puncture you'll never get it back as they will keep lokking at it saying it's only flat at the bottom, after rotating the tyre wondering why that bits ok and the other bit is now flat :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The A/C on my wifes 407 just sh!t itself too. If you run your hand along the compressor -> condenser rubber hose, you'll probably find it split at the bottom. By design they are all going to split here as the hose has a slight kink in it.

Are they replacing the entire condenser as there is no receiver drier to replace ( so your installing fresh moisture absorbing desiccant).

seeya,
Shane L.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They did the condenser which apparently had a hole in it. They also replaced an aluminium pipe, which had corroded into the condenser. Then of course regassed it. Really cold now, colder than my other 407, and about as cold as the 406. Main thing is, it's now properly de misting on damp mornings/evenings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts