Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the windscreen in the pug to be very finely scratched where the wipers sweep

Not surprising with how sensitive the auto wipers are, even with them on lowest setting :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
They chip and crack easy too, 51k and 5 screens later not a good run, and a few chip repairs too,
Screen is at the wrong angle in my opinion!

·
Registered
298 Posts
For wipers you have:
Down for on demand wipe.
Up once for auto; equivalent to slower timed wipes on other cars, but rain sensor will slow down and speed up wipes as required depending on rain sensed
Up twice for normal constant wipe
Up three times for fast constant wipe.

Auto will be fooled by condensation in sensor unit I have found....especially in cold days or especially damp ones. I use the on demand wipe more than auto, but to be fair auto does a good job in most cases.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh my bad sorry

I saw numbers so thought it was the auto sensitivity.

You must be right about the condensation, this morning was just the case. I may have a little claim on my glass cover on insurance :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ahh my bad sorry

I saw numbers so thought it was the auto sensitivity.

You must be right about the condensation, this morning was just the case. I may have a little claim on my glass cover on insurance :p
Mine cracked earlier this month. It will wait tip the MOT to fix though! Lol!
If you look in your sensor cluster cances are you will see it misted up or condensation in there...it must effect sensitivity.dont know how to get rid of it though without removing the cluster/ screen

J

·
0 Posts
They chip and crack easy too, 51k and 5 screens later not a good run, and a few chip repairs too,
Screen is at the wrong angle in my opinion!
I would say that is just down to bad luck.

I'd have thought the407 windscreen less likely to suffer from cracks/chips as it is at a lower angle than cars of past years, meaning if a stone does hit it, a lot of the force may be taken out as it is deflected away rather than a full impact into the screen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would say that is just down to bad luck.

I'd have thought the407 windscreen less likely to suffer from cracks/chips as it is at a lower angle than cars of past years, meaning if a stone does hit it, a lot of the force may be taken out as it is deflected away rather than a full impact into the screen.
I agree with the logic but every time the smallest stone hits it, it chips or cracks, just bad luck i guess.
Fed up as the insurance wont cover any more!
Cant beat my LR think its to high for stones to be kicked up. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts