Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads and lassie's my name is Alan i'm from little oul Ireland :thumb: new to the forum and peugeot's :eek:

bought a 97 1.9 d style 306, its was on the button until i went to start it wednesday (it was parked up for 3days) she will turn over but not so much as a fart out of her. and iv only the hand brake light coming on the dash :confused:

I have read that the immobiliser's give serious bother on these it has a keypad immob on it, dos that mean there's no chip in the key fob?? and would it cause the dash not to light up???

but the thing is i think the immob has been bypass as it seems someone has been messing with the wires around the pump going to the solenoid but im not certain about that :confused:

iv checked that iv power going to the glow plugs and glow plug relay.

funny the way iv only the handbrake light coming on on the dash?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Alan

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not a hundred percent familiar with the 306 diesel but you're right those keypad immobilisers are crap. No there is no transponder in the key. First checks I would make are the battery earths, battery to engine and bodywork. Also check the wiring on the starter solenoid as this can give problems and cause the immobiliser to malfunction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a hundred percent familiar with the 306 diesel but you're right those keypad immobilisers are crap. No there is no transponder in the key. First checks I would make are the battery earths, battery to engine and bodywork. Also check the wiring on the starter solenoid as this can give problems and cause the immobiliser to malfunction.
hey renegade thanks for the response :thumb: iv checked and cleaned the earth going to the body work...will check the one going to the engine when this rain p!sses off :nono:

G

·
0 Posts
I had a similar thing on my old 306 td, where the battery clamps on the terminals were loose, not loose loose, but not really tight either...

A simple tweak with a spanner and it was fine up until I sold it..:thumb:

This does seem to point to a battery/charging issue....

·
Registered
453 Posts
To see if the immob is functioning or not, "crack" one of the injector pipes open at the injector end, enter the code then turn engine over and there should be a sign of diesel coming out at the connector, this may of course indicate a failed pump too !
Also check the stop solenoid but I think generally they fail in the open position

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't have the keypad code :( but im pretty sure its not the problem now, when i turn the ing on the red and green light come on on the keypad but go off after 30sec's!! and tbh it looks to be bypassed, as in the pump has funny looking wire's going to it :confused: but im not sure about that one..

can anyone comfirm if the immobi will cut the light's out on the dash? the battery is fairly fresh in it il have a good look at the battery terms and get back to you's

thanks again :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got this sorted :thumb: turn out to be a dodgy wire at the back of the ING :D whats the story with this thread not coming up in the place i put it??? and my last comment was deleted??? whats the fucking problem mods???? :D

·
5,032 Posts
what was your last comment and where did you post it ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts