Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
406 estate problems help needed.

Turn ignition and fan starts up, shut down even cold fan will run for 1 minute - why?

Poor starting and low power particularly when pulling away in 1st gear.

Changed glow plugs and fuel filter / air filter - its a Siemens system - 3rd cylinder glow plug was wet so I guess injector is leaking - not enough to contaminate the oil - but running with load is lumpy.

My thoughts;

fan is on because relay has current - is there a junction that could be wet?

injectors (car is 160k miles) are worn and leak and need overhaul? or a sensor has failed and ECU is over-fueling?

Not really dome much diesel work so all help very welcomed.

cheers

Nick

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
406 estate problems help needed.

Turn ignition and fan starts up, shut down even cold fan will run for 1 minute - why?

Poor starting and low power particularly when pulling away in 1st gear.

Changed glow plugs and fuel filter / air filter - its a Siemens system - 3rd cylinder glow plug was wet so I guess injector is leaking - not enough to contaminate the oil - but running with load is lumpy.

My thoughts;

fan is on because relay has current - is there a junction that could be wet?

injectors (car is 160k miles) are worn and leak and need overhaul? or a sensor has failed and ECU is over-fueling?

Not really dome much diesel work so all help very welcomed.

cheers

Nick
your best bet is get it on live stream data to have a look at the measurements on everything but could possibly be related to common rail pressure sensor or wiring, fuel pump, fuel line, injectors and lots more that it could be

1 - 4 of 4 Posts