Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at a 53 plate 2.0hdi 807 Executive, its very,very clean both inside and out. Drives very well with no warning lights,messages. But the mileage is putting me off, it has done 177000 miles. The cam belt and a full service was carried out at 160000. How long do these engines go on for, it will be worked hard towing a caravan for our holidays + carrying 7 people. Wondering what people think, is it worth it

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DMF would worry me.

I imagine it has had at least one turbo since new ?

Basic mechanicals apart from DMF seem ok
It took me awhile, thought it was something to do with the particle filters. But its a dual mass flywheel, do these have a certain life span. Or is it just dependent on how its been driven etc

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
DMF will eventually start to rattle as the moving parts wear but I read that the clutch and DMF should be replaced as a matched pair so the chances are it was replaced last time the clutch was done. The big thing with the DMF is the cost compared to replacing just the clutch on a solid flywheel.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Our 2.2 has 200K with original injectors, turbo etc still goes OK. Might be better instead of the 2.0 as 2.2 has more grunt. If it starts from cold without smoking and doesn't smoke with your foot down engine should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts