Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just got a Peugeot 807 I noticed it takes 30 mins to get to running temp on cold mornings. I know these have a heater under the floor pan to assist in warming on such mornings. I looked this morning to see if it was working and no. looking on forums some people just say to disconnect the plug to the heater to disable. The plug was connected. Is there a fuse that may have been removed to stop it working? The handbook doesn't really say anything about a fuse for it.

Also there is a matrix to the side of it with damaged plastic housing with 2 pipes going to it, what is this for?

thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions. I looked in he book and there is a fuse in the battery compartment for additional heating but only one rail is present if you know what I mean so I don't think its ever been a viable fuse location.

Thanks

·
6,094 Posts
Best way to check is with planet. One of the mot common faults for the units not working is the ignitor in the Aux heater burns out which locks out the heater.

If its working then you hear it start about 30 secs to a min after starting a cold engine and should get some smoke from under car exhaust

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply, I will check it tomorrow with an ammeter. I presume a 12volt supply will power the unit and maybe a 6 volt multiplex feed. I will probably drop it down anyway and service it. If it is locked out will it require a planet to reset it in the ecu or will it start to function again when its fixed?

Thanks

·
6,094 Posts
A few years ago since i had my 807. The Aux heater on mine was a Webasto Thermo Top unit. The unit was switched by grounding a wire to the unit (can't remember which pin but will try to find remote control wiring diagram that i used).

The matrix i think is the heat exchanger which heats coolant here is a link to fault finding on a berlingo which i am sure is a similar unit http://www.rmsconsult.co.uk/berlingo/files/webasto/Workshop%20manual.pdf

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, that looks just like it. And a wiring diagram too, at least I can test the wiring now to make sure its not electrical before I go pulling it apart. When its jacked up I should be able to get a better look. Thumbs up buddy for that. :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The matrix you mention is probably the condenser for the AC.

I have a C8, the 807 twin brother, and just recently took apart my webasto because it too was not working.
After cleaning the burn chamber I made a test rig and it worked perfectly.

To make it start you need to connect +12v to pin 1

I have extended a wire from pin 1 inside the car and connected it to a gsm relay switch, so now I can just give the car a call and the webasto will run for 30min :)

You might try and just disconnect the battery and let the webasto reset it self, I read somewhere that this might make it start working again.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I am pretty sure the matrix with the damaged plastic shroud is a fuel cooler, does not pay to use an 807/C8 off road........... Given the current weather the chances are you will never need it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the late reply back to you guys. I got run into at some traffic lights by an old mondeo smashing the bumper, nearside front wing and headlight. The other guy legged it leaving his crippled mondeo behind (apparently been marked as no known owner since 2008). Surprisingly little damage to the structure under the plastic only a few bent wing outriggers which straightened easily. Found a side impacted one at a scrappy and got the complete front end for £120. That coupled with a sliding rear door problem the heater took a lower priority.
I unplugged the heater at the plug and left it for 30 mins to see if it would reset as I heard that too eggi about the reset thingie, however, it still didn't even try to start up. I'm gonna drop it down this next week now the weather is a bit better and have a look. I will bypass the cooling pipes and if its completely knackered I wont bother refitting it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even though my heater starts when I connect +12V to pin 1, it still doesnt start by itself when its cold, so there might also be a faulty temp sensor somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts