Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Please can you give as much detail as possible about the problem and vehicle, and have you done basic checks such as checking fuses etc

A nice hello goes a long way as well :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ventilation fan

Sorry no hello, wife panicking on road and ice expected so rushed straight to asking for help. Thanks for replying ad hello to everyone on this forum.

i have asked her to check wires etc but that is all. I am now telling her to get hoe and I can then check out Fuses etc. Car working fine just no air con and heating etc.
thanks
Bde

S

·
0 Posts
No problem, i know the feeling when panic sets in haha!

I'm not sure if it affects 807's but the resistor/loom normally goes on the 307

But if you get as much info as possible i'm sure someone will have an idea :thumb:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
807 fan

Stubbo, its poor contacts on the fan that is causing the problem. There is a 50 amp supply cable from the engine fuse box direct to the fan with a further small connection from the ac panel that controls the solid state resistor block in the fan assembly.
You need to remove the glovebox (assuming 807 is UK RHD) and pull the main terminal block connector to the fan off and on to try and clean the connection. If this doesn't work you need to unbolt and remove the fan and carefully take it apart as there are 2 further 50 amp spade connections inside the fan between the resistor block and motor either of which could be the cause of the trouble.
Cleaning both worked for me. Good luck, wyn b

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ventilation fan 807

Hi,

just got in from cleaning connections, all working great, thanks a lot. Superb site and friends on it.

bde:D :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fan assembly drawing?

Hi,

I have a 807 and I have the same problem I think...

It seems like the fan is stuck, why? Because when I start the engine I can sometimes hear the rear interior fan start-up for a few seconds, the "main" fan never starts! I think the rear fan stops because of some kind of protection system closes the complete ventilation system.

Does anybody have a assembly drawing so I can find the fan/fans? A description could also be of interest.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Remove the glovebox (UK RHD) and all will be revealed. The chrome strip on top of the glovebox just lifts out to get you started, go carefully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remove the glovebox (UK RHD) and all will be revealed. The chrome strip on top of the glovebox just lifts out to get you started, go carefully.
I have the steering on the left side (sweden). Is the fan still located at the left side as in UK RHD ?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Because the engine is on the RHS (sitting in the car looking forward) the duct for cabin air intake has to be on the left (on your drivers side) because of the room it needs. The heater blower must be in the same place so you are going to have to investigate above the pedals, sorry no doubt there will be limited room but most of the trim around the dashboard does come off - be careful! Try tapping it and see if it runs to confirm it is poor contacts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hej lofe,

Yes, it's still located on the left side (drivers seat) on our swedish cars! I took me some time to figure out after dismantling the glovebox without finding any fan(s)!
My fan started after using the "gummiklubba" (rubberhammer) on the plastic housing where the fan is located. Has to be some kind of problem with the motorbrushes!

//Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hej lofe,

Yes, it's still located on the left side (drivers seat) on our swedish cars! I took me some time to figure out after dismantling the glovebox without finding any fan(s)!
My fan started after using the "gummiklubba" (rubberhammer) on the plastic housing where the fan is located. Has to be some kind of problem with the motorbrushes!

//Dan
Was it hard to locate the fan?
Maybe you can PM me in swedish and guide me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
807 - Ac Tube - Water appear !

Hello,
I have a 807 and began to appear water on the floor of the driver, on the site where is clutch pedeal . I think it is the water pipe from the AC, how can I get this pipe? and how can I see a picture to see how is the tube.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yes it is probably the evaporator drain pipe, taste it if unsure anti freeze is sweet (not reccomended). Unclip the fabric shroud around the gear lever, remove the chrome strip in front, remove screws securing the heater panel to the main dash and gently prise up the rear of the panel. Once the panel is free you can unscrew the centre storage box below and see the drain pipe better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts