Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, our 2007 2.0 petrol 807 has started unlocking itself and opening the NS rear door. At first we thought it was the kids but it's doing it regularly now :( any advice or suggestions gratefully received!!:)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Nic and welcome to the forum........:thumb:

That has got to be a unique problem, not heard of that before.

Not to make light of it, but have you considered an Exorcist. Sorry couldn't resist that.

Hope you get it sorted soon......

·
Registered
170 Posts

Not to make light of it, but have you considered an Exorcist. Sorry couldn't resist that.

:laugh: You made my day Barrowman. This certainly is a strange problem. Unlocking I could understand as it may be a dodgy solenoid or water ingress. But for the door to actually open as well. Does you car have any kind of auto open door feature that could be malfunctioning?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:laugh: You made my day Barrowman. This certainly is a strange problem. Unlocking I could understand as it may be a dodgy solenoid or water ingress. But for the door to actually open as well. Does you car have any kind of auto open door feature that could be malfunctioning?
Hi, yes it opens at a distance from the key fob I wonder if it could be that malfunctioning?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Maybe it's the Vatican I need lol :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Think the door lock at the back of the door shuts off the motor. Somehow lock is releasing (is it fully engaged?) and this starts the motor to open the door.
Confirm there is no trim loose that could stop the door closing snugly and push the back of the door when it's closed to see whether the lock will engage any further. Check the catch hasn't moved on the body. Clean the contacts on the door and body.
If no luck with this the door will have to be removed for a closer look, this is actually quite easy, only 3 small bolts but make sure you have enough cardboard to protect it when you put it down inside.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Just in case the problem is in software, I would try a BSI reboot.

Procedure here.

Another idea - can the auto door opening be disabled by pressing buttons or configuring with Planet/Diagbox?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts