Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Does anyone know where I can buy replacement / after market door handles?
Mine are peeling and I need to replace them.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just another design fault with these car. Otherwise known as razor blade door handles. Apparently they're VERY difficult to remove and refit new ones.
Most people remove the "chrome" and paint either silver/black or same colour as the car in situ.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Contact a Peugeot dealer, they may be available cheaply as so many handles were replaced under warranty. Won't be easy as door cards have to be removed so that means taking off each of the sliding doors and sitting them on carpet. Fronts can be done in situ

·
Registered
291 Posts
Contact a Peugeot dealer, they may be available cheaply as so many handles were replaced under warranty. Won't be easy as door cards have to be removed so that means taking off each of the sliding doors and sitting them on carpet. Fronts can be done in situ
Not sure why the doors have to come off to do this. If I remember correctly, the door card can be removed insitu.

Nelix

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You can't remove the card on the sliding door with it closed, it would be almost impossible with it open. It's a 5 minute job to undo 3 screws and its sitting inside on the carpet with a cushion between it and the wall, make sure you someone to help, difficult removing it solo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can't remove the card on the sliding door with it closed, it would be almost impossible with it open. It's a 5 minute job to undo 3 screws and its sitting inside on the carpet with a cushion between it and the wall, make sure you someone to help, difficult removing it solo.
I've had the door cards off the sliding doors on mine with the doors in situ. Many times. It is not complex or difficult.

BTW all of my external door handles were replaced under warranty due to peeling 'chrome' paint about 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
What do I know, should stick pretending to be a building surveyor, I thought it too difficult to do in situ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts