Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

Im prepping our '06 807 exec to sell as we have a new car and one of the rear seats has seized up. I can't move it back or forward and I cannot take it out.

Has anyone else ever encountered this and if so, how did you free the seat?

TIA

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Seems odd it won't slide or lift out. My guess is that it is jammed at the back of the runners.
Have you tried sitting on the seat then seeing if you lift the handle at the front it will move? What happens when you tilt the seat - do you hear a loud click as the back folds? Can you try lifting the back of the squab as the back tilts you might be able to release it.
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! My friend and I have tried everything to free it. Brute force, sitting on it, folding it...
it really does seem as if the clamps that sit on the runners have seized. Do you know of a way to release them directly? Is there - for example - a manual release that bypasses the handle release or am I looking at disassembling the runners?

·
5,978 Posts
Try to get the seat moving front to rear if you can unless the seat is slid right back the seat locks will not disengage to remove/tip the seat

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I would concentrate on finding why the seat won't slide, inspect the front handle and bars on either side linking the clamps. I don't think the mechanism is seized, more likely something is broken or an object is lodged in the runners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Wyn!
Thanks for the reply, but there is nothing jammed in the runners. my friend and I have inspected them closely and though we wondered if perhaps little one had dropped a sweetie or a small toy down there: nada.

What I have noticed is that when I pull the bar, nothing moves though there is the same resistance on the bar as there is on the other seats. This is why I wondered if I need to disassemble the clamp mechanisms themselves, though I am reluctant to do this because I don't know how they work and I'm afraid of breaking them completely.

There are small holes in the side of each clamp assembly and I wondered if these were some sort of manual release. I havent poked anything in the holes in case I break something. This is quite frustrating to say the least!

I would concentrate on finding why the seat won't slide, inspect the front handle and bars on either side linking the clamps. I don't think the mechanism is seized, more likely something is broken or an object is lodged in the runners.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Can't see the holes you mean, have you tried lifting the bar behind the bar to let the seat slide? This is the one that releases the front clamps.
Might be worth giving the red strap a tug. Mind your fingers near the clamps you could easily loose one if you get it half out and one decides to re-engage.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts