Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone may be able to help. I have got a 2006 807, the nearside, rear indicator has stopped working. The flasher light on the dash board flashes quickly, as if the bulb had blown.

Assumed it was the bulb, and we have changed that but it still isn't working, the bulb doesn't look like it's blown, either.

All the other lights in the cluster work, and the front and side indicators work. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thank you

Joty

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is it only one bulb - or that entire side?

If you have a "check lamp" - stick the point in the bulb socket from the multiplug and use the steel as a return. You can check the loom back to the next connection point as this is probably where the fault is.

With an ohmmeter, and ignition off, there should be no resistance (Open circuit) in the supply to the bulb (between earth and supply). If you get a reading on both of the bulb supply wires - there is a short to ground - chase the loom again.

Best of luck.

If you do have to replace a length, it's often quicker to run an extra wire, and tape it to the loom, rather than unwrap the whole thing.
That plastic cable tidy wrap is very good for this - either split or spiral stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I took it apart to look at the fitting again last night, still couldn't get it working, however when I went out in the car this morning, it suddenly started working and has carried on since!

Thanks for your help

Joty

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good to know.

If the fault comes back - get someone to sit in the drivers seat while you wiggle the loom a bit with indicators on. Can sometimes trace it that way.

Mine on the otherhand have started with the relay sticking :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts