Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i need help on this one. I have 807 hdi 80kw. One month ago it have loss of power. I have put him on diag and there is no fault.

The car seems to go much better during colder weather (under 20°c), during hot days it loose more power, on steep hills tend to cut it even more during driving.

On highway in 4th and 5th gear you can feel slight engine jerking, feels like little cut off´s.

I have try to disconnect MAF and it goes even worse! Usually what i have read if you disconnect MAF it goes well.

Does somebody knows what is this all about?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Maybe change the fuel (& air) filters as a start. Always worth rinsing out the dpf if your 807 has one, at least you will see how blocked it is before running water through.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank's for reply. I have put new air filter and thinking of replace fuel filter, although it is 6 month old. It does not have DPF.

Maybe vacuum lines are problem. So when it is cold outside lines shrink, so there is less leak?

Maybe it is ECU? How does bad ECU manifest?

Forgot to tell after 3000 rpm goes much better. I would say with normal power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all, here is little update. I have found swirl valve diaphragm with broken rod and vacuum leakage.
So i buy new one and still no progress.
Same symptoms remain.

Should i continue to search vacuum problems?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not know to do that, but i can see diaphragm rod moving up and down or stay in one position when i accelerate engine revs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok,i have use my vacuum brake bleeding kit to test vacuum and it looks like vacuum is ok.

But i have found some pressure readings too low. My guess is that fuel pressure sensor or something like that is bad.
I have take screenshot. Can you tell more from this?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Injector 3 flow correction figures could possibly mean that the injector is getting weak and flowing back too much this in turn would explain the low pressure readings.

My next test would be a check on leak off rates on all the injectors and if indeed injector 3 is significantly higher than the others i would be looking at replacing it but not sure if it would explain totally the lack of power i have seen worse leak of rates than that with power but hard to start.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So i must connect each injector fuel exit into a cup and see how much is the difference between 3th and others, if 3th fills more fuel than is weak?

Thank you for help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, here it is. First was 3-4 minutes of idling, second also 3-4 min with rpm 2500-3000. I do not know if this is good or not. But 1 and 3 have little more than 2 and 4 in both cases. I also take parametars shot.
What do you think? Look's like exit flow is ok?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When i have done swirl throttle electrovalve actuator test it shows as on screenshot. Can this be problem? Where is that swirl throttle electrovalve? I have put new throttle pedal sensor month ago because was thinking that it is not working but no change.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Swirl throttle electrovalve is the one feeding the dozer on the head not all functions are possible on every car all that test would do is cycle the valve but if i remember you replaced this and it seems to work

Your leak offs look fine so i would concentrate on the air intake side of things now as the fuel pressure is not low enough to be a concern to be honest

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well looks like back to drawing board :) Honestly i do not know if i can resolve this one, maybe i take it to garage, just have to find honest one.

The car is going now much weaker, there is no kick after 3000 rpm and even in colder weather goes weak, so things got worsen.

Anyway thank's for your help, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, i have take car to garage. First thing guy ask is have you try maf. Well no i said but everything else. Guess what, he change maf and car goes like crazy.

So that was some experince. At least i found vacuum leak and flow ration is ok.

Goodbye until next problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts