Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2006 2.2HDI 807 with a faulty key.
I have 2 keys (the 4 button rectangular jobbies), 1 is working fine and the other operates the remote central locking fine but won't start the car. With the faulty key I get an "Electronic Anti-theft Faulty" warning come up on the MFD and the car cranks but won't start. I assume it's an issue between the immobiliser and key. The key was working but then started to function intermittently and has now totally failed. I've inspected the PCB on the key and there is no visible issues, dry joints etc. Is it possible for the code stored in the BSI to become corrupt? would re-coding the key be possible or will I need a new key?

I have a functioning version of PP2K that works well with the car but don't have the pin. Is there any way to get the pin other than contacting Peugeot?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ollie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone else is following this......
If I pulled the pcb out of the key and held the antenna up to the xpdr ring and the car would start, so I took a punt and ordered a new antenna. When I removed the antenna from the pcb I checked the resistance of both the new and old antennas with my multimeter the old antenna had gone open circuit, the new antenna measured 36.5 ohms which is consistent with the correct resistance for a monopole antenna. Soldered the new antenna on and presto everything is back to normal.

TLDR: The problem was the antenna on the key had failed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am impressed! Well done - must be your antipodean make do and mend upbringing.
Probably a factor, may also have something to with being an aircraft mechanical/avionics technician ;)
I've always maintained my own cars and enjoy the fault finding aspect, Google and forums like these are always a massive help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts