Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, my 2008 807 2.0hdi se has developed a judder type of feeling when you accelerate through 3/ 4 sometimes 5th gear, almost like the front end is bouncing & the engine is holding back some power, not sure where to start investigating ?, has anyone got any ideas please. thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi.

Have you checked the spark plugs, leads, boost and vacuum hoses at all?
All of which can cause the engine to hold back when under more load.
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, I've got a 2.0hdi se diesel, checked the hoses and found that the breather hose from the rocker cover had come off, so i plugged it back into the air intake (where it came from) but it still hesitates on load in 3/ 4 @ 2000-3000rpm i wonder if some injector cleaner may help clean things up? The bus accelerates fine in 1st/ 2nd. I'm stumped..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.

Have you checked the spark plugs, leads, boost and vacuum hoses at all?
All of which can cause the engine to hold back when under more load.
Inner driveshaft joint can do this if its only under load and engine seems to run fine check the inner joint on drivers side for wear
Hi, Thanks for the advice, do you mean check the uni joint for play, spline into the g/ box ?

·
5,996 Posts
Some 2.0 HDI's have a small link harness from the fuel rail sensor which drops down behind the starter motor heat make the insulation fail on the cable and the cable shorts out on the block with vibration from the engine running causing a slight hesitation/misfire normally below 3000 rpm

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some 2.0 HDI's have a small link harness from the fuel rail sensor which drops down behind the starter motor heat make the insulation fail on the cable and the cable shorts out on the block with vibration from the engine running causing a slight hesitation/misfire normally below 3000 rpm
ok thanks i will have a look in the daylight, is it a small cable? you say runs behind the starter motor so i should be able to see it from the front of the car? Thanks again.

·
5,996 Posts
If fitted you will see the harness it comes from the sensor on bottom of fuel rail, drops down front of block and behind end of starter motor. Only fitted to some Bosch injection models

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, I've got a 2.0hdi se diesel, checked the hoses and found that the breather hose from the rocker cover had come off, so i plugged it back into the air intake (where it came from) but it still hesitates on load in 3/ 4 @ 2000-3000rpm i wonder if some injector cleaner may help clean things up? The bus accelerates fine in 1st/ 2nd. I'm stumped..

Sorry for delay, I didn't get a notifaction saying you replied. I misread that it was a HDi, so forget about checking the plugs, lol.

After reading the other comments, Do you think it's engine power related, or chassis related?

If it's power related, has it all of a sudden started?
It's Rare, but it may be a bad tank of fuel.
Has the fuel filter been changed recently? As if not, might be worse a renewal and fuel injector cleaner additive. Just to make sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ps, are you getting any diag fault codes popping up at the same time?

As my old 307 stuttered (I can't remember the full ins and outs, as it was 8 years ago, but it ended up being the EGR sticking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for delay, I didn't get a notifaction saying you replied. I misread that it was a HDi, so forget about checking the plugs, lol.

After reading the other comments, Do you think it's engine power related, or chassis related?

If it's power related, has it all of a sudden started?
It's Rare, but it may be a bad tank of fuel.
Has the fuel filter been changed recently? As if not, might be worse a renewal and fuel injector cleaner additive. Just to make sure.
Thanks for the advice, i have only had it for one week so far I've had to remove drivers door & re-weld top hinge, replace o/s/f door lock, re foam drivers seat. i was thinking down that route giving it a good clear out i'm not sure how long it stood for?:thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ps, are you getting any diag fault codes popping up at the same time?

As my old 307 stuttered (I can't remember the full ins and outs, as it was 8 years ago, but it ended up being the EGR sticking.
yes i did i plugged in using fraplite, i found P1167 fuel pressure regulation..... incorrect value received.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A general OBD2 readers aint great for true fault codes or meanings.

But it will allow you to clear any faults, after your fuel drain, change, filter and additive. If the code keeps coming up, then you know there is a issue, but best get it on a Planet or Diagbox diagnostics (Peugeot software), to give more accurate fault code and description. (My mates Snap-on diagnostics helped on my 05 307 problem solving).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi guys i had my 807 plugged in by a friend using delphi, and we found the ecu freeze frame of that code as you can see the fuel pressure is just crazy, Does anybody know what the values should be at the 3000rpm test??
ive tried to google the figures but had no luck, any help or advice will be gratefully received.:thumb:
20180504_202614.jpg

·
5,996 Posts
That fuel pressure is not crazy its shown in Kpa which when you convert to BAR (divide by 100) you get agound 1430 Bar which could be OK dependant on variant as HDI max rail pressure varies between 1350-1750 Bar.

Have you checked fuel regulator o-rings etc as they start to fail and jam regulator

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That fuel pressure is not crazy its shown in Kpa which when you convert to BAR (divide by 100) you get agound 1430 Bar which could be OK dependant on variant as HDI max rail pressure varies between 1350-1750 Bar.

Have you checked fuel regulator o-rings etc as they start to fail and jam regulator
cheers for the reply:thumb:
no not as yet ive have changed the turbo vacuum valve & all new pipework, the reason is because my mate also has the snap on gear which flagged a turbo boost problem. checked turbo wastegate all fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
also found out that it has a electric EGR valve, not sure if that is playing up, but it was replaced about 4k ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts