Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Sorry to be asking questions again so soon....

We have just learned that although the seats in the 807 have isofix it is the "vehicle specific" type and does not include top tethers / anchors.

My question is: Is it possible to retrofit these anchors? Obviously the seats move backwards and forwards so I am assuming that if it is possible then the anchors would have to be fitted to the seats themselves...

Additional information: The child seat is a Britax Xtsensafix

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Don't think it is possible you will probably have to improvise with some baggage straps around the back of the seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think it is possible you will probably have to improvise with some baggage straps around the back of the seat.
Yeah, I emailed Peugeot HQ and they said: "We are not very technical here at customer service, it would be advisable to contact a main dealer".
I thought it was a joke at first, but I couldn't find a punchline!

So I contacted a couple of dealers and they didn't know what a top tether is. Eventually, I found one that did but he checked and informed me that there is no retrofit system for the 807.

However, I did come across an engineering company that have the details of isofix top tether mounting point breaking strain requirements and other information. The guy there is sending me some information that I can use to get a mount made.

It might not be perfect, but it will still be an improvement on not having one at all (target is less than 1 inch forward rotation of the seat).

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts