Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. Just had a front tyre replaced and discovered a leaking front nearside
damper. What is the precedure in replacing them. are there any special tools
required. I have also got to replace back brake pads. How do you adjust the hand brake afterwards. The handbrake dosen,t have brake shoes inside the discs.They seem to operate the two callipers. I have a few things to do for the
mot,so any help would be most welcome.
Cheers, Peter.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
damper requires the full strut to be removed and transfer the spring etc to the new damper or a full used replacement strut assembly.

Dismantling of the strut best done by a garage or someone who has the correct equipment and knowledge as it can be a dangerous job.

Rear calipers pistons must be screwed back in the handbrake will adjust itself as long as the levers are working properly again special tool needed to wind in piston.

Whether you can do these jobs depends on your own knowledge and skill levels both have the potential to cause you headaches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
807 damper replacement

Many thanks for the info. I think you may be correct.I feel a headache
coming on just thinking about it.
Cheers, Peter.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use one of these to compress the rear pistons, it's cheap and works pretty well, although you may need to take a file to it to make it fit properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts