Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Although I al generally happy with my new 807 (thanks by the way for all the buying advice), the sat nav is a bit of a pain because I cannot find a way to punch in post codes for destinations.

This might not seem like a big problem but I am navigationally challenged and since most destinations don't list their street number the sat nav wont let me put a destination in without it and some destinations only list their town and postcode.

The model I have had sat-nav, phone and cd / dvd player all in one. I believe it is RT3? (2004 807 2.0 HDi Exec SE)

Is there some sort of software modification or update I can get to enable me to put in destinations by postcode?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In short NO postcodes ain't an option.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster
Thanks for the prompt response. I guess when Im planning a journey I'll have to use google maps to find the road name and number first. That will be fun when Im out and about and lost and the kids are screaming :(

C

·
0 Posts
I know the no postcode's is a pain but to be fair to the system it is faster than the wife's tom tom and usually takes us on better/easier routes than the tom tom. I can help with latest maps if your interested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the no postcode's is a pain but to be fair to the system it is faster than the wife's tom tom and usually takes us on better/easier routes than the tom tom. I can help with latest maps if your interested.

Yes you're right it is pretty fast so I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

And yes, up to date maps would be a great help please. I was in Newport getting a new passport last week and it kept trying to send me onto a construction site!! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
App

Hi, I know this is a fairly old thread but have found a solution for the postcode entry on my 807 sat nav.
I have an app on my android called 'GPS Grid Reference' which converts postcodes to long/lat coordinates that the sat nav accepts. Works well.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts