Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to get through a gap in traffic yesterday, but the laws of physics were against me and smashed the LHS door mirror!
I've got a replacement from ebay. Can anyone advise how to go about replacing it, before I do irreparable damage to the panelling etc?
Grateful for any help/advise you can offer.
Many thanks.
Clive.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Are you talking about the whole mirror assembly? If so you have to remove the door card to undo the two (I think from memory) bolts that hold the mirror in place and access the connecting plugs.
If it is just the glass & cover, you have to move the glass so it tilts as far inwards as possible then reach behind with a long nose pliers to unhook the two ends of the wire clip then the glass will fall out and you can unpick the securing tabs to the painted cover and replace it with the new.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the whole mirror assembly? If so you have to remove the door card to undo the two (I think from memory) bolts that hold the mirror in place and access the connecting plugs.
If it is just the glass & cover, you have to move the glass so it tilts as far inwards as possible then reach behind with a long nose pliers to unhook the two ends of the wire clip then the glass will fall out and you can unpick the securing tabs to the painted cover and replace it with the new.
It's the entire mirror assembly (I don't do things by 'alfs!).
Thanks for that but I'm worried about getting the trim off, so I can locate the bolt(s).
It looks as if the whole door panel needs to come off, and I don't know to approach it without buggering up the panelling.
Any ideas???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
807 door mirror

Many thanks JML. Pictures are stunning. Don't think I could have done it without these.
Many thanks again!
PS: don't know where or how you found these, but they're brilliant!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts