Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm looking to replace my daily drive with a 807, as I need a auto with sliding on the drivers side for my wheel chair.

But I also need to get my race bike in the back (Yamaha R1), which with the flooring in place, the height is about 30mm not enough, but on viewing, if the rear flooring and seat runners are removed, it might just work.

Has anyone removed the flooring, is it a flat ish metal floor underneath?

Thanks in advance, Danny.

Ps, I've had 94 Toyota Lucida for the last 5years, and the old girl is dieing, and just not worth the cost to sort the engine.
Other options are a
Kia Sedona, but the fuel economy aren't great, or a
Galaxy, which the bike fits in just, but it hasn't got rear sliding doors.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The floor is metal and relatively flat under the carpet but you wont find 30 mm

Thank you for the reply.

I roughly measured a car I looked over last week, the runners & flooring at about 30mm, but with out knowing if the floor underneath is flat, or if the runners are set into the floor etc, I couldn't tell if viable or do able.

I have the option to remove the bikes seat unit, to gain 30mm, but it's hassle to do every time the bikes loaded.

·
5,032 Posts
Can i just say not many use a wheelchair and ride an R1 !!just saying. Lol

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think you need a WAC, if the front passenger seat is removed you would get quite a big motor bike in, sorry my knowlege of bikes does not extend beyond the 70's hence my T25 Trailblazer.
Better on fuel than an 807, our Berlingo has a 1.6Hdi 110 HP engine with no DPF as standard and it's grunt from low revs is amazing

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you need a WAC, if the front passenger seat is removed you would get quite a big motor bike in, sorry my knowlege of bikes does not extend beyond the 70's hence my T25 Trailblazer.
Better on fuel than an 807, our Berlingo has a 1.6Hdi 110 HP engine with no DPF as standard and it's grunt from low revs is amazing

Thanks, but I need a passenger seat & a larger car than a Berlingo, (for my bike spare etc). To get a bike in a Berlingo, not only does the seat need removing, parts of the bike needs removing, and the bike needs sliding diagonal once it's in, which isn't a option for me.

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
Sorry not yet i was unwell then the weather has feked everything up cant get in the yard where its stored as its a steep hill and only us that use it i would not get back out !

As soon as the snow clears a bit i will get to it for you

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry not yet i was unwell then the weather has feked everything up cant get in the yard where its stored as its a steep hill and only us that use it i would not get back out !

As soon as the snow clears a bit i will get to it for you

Cheers matey.

I brought a 06 807 yesterday, so will try and put the bike in over the next few weeks, and maybe look at taking the floor out, but it's hard to see if the seat rails fit on the flooring (meaning some can be gained), or if the rails are sunk into the floor, meaning only the thickness of carpet & sound deadening is gained.

Only just noticed your username as well PMSL
It is what it is matey. Lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts