Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help neede. I was driving the car happily on Friday morning when it just stopped on me and wouldnt start again. I rang the AA who came and said its the cam sensor and towed me home. I bought the cam sensor and got it put in but the car , while it was being worked on, went into economy mode. The new sensors on but it just turns over and will not start. Where do i go from here? Any advise please?

·
6,081 Posts
Possible the AA used a normal code reader, not uncommon for these to list cam sensor fault due to poor sync but it's the crank sensor that is faulty.

To be 100% you need to get car on Planet and check live data for RPM and cam sync.

Has then been any previous trouble/noise from engine gearbox area, failing DMF's can damage sensor or cover it in metal filings.

The eco mode will clear once car starts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no theres been no other trouble or noises its been great up til it stopped. I'll get it checked out again thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Had this problem 18 months ago and the AA with their remote diagnostics diagnosed a defective cam sensor so I replaced it and no trouble starting since. Are you sure you have fitted the sensor correctly, it is an absolute ........ to fit beacuse it can only be seen using a mirror, the liitle plastic notch has to be pressed up against the cam pulley to get the right clearance. Personally if it is fitted correctly but still not working I would try another. Cleaning the TDC sensor would not hurt either.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Check on planet or diag kit you have for a rpm reading.That will eliminate the crank sensor as ok.

Usually that kind of fault is either a simple sensor or your belt has either snapped or jumped some teeth....!

Hope its not the later for you....!

:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts