Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im having problems with my 807 the problem is with the 2.0 16 valve engine the engine broke the timming belt and broke 9 rockers on building up engine the timming holes would not line up, checked keys in crank and camshaft pullys ok rechecked timming marks on the 2 camshaft pullys ok. only thing i can think of is the drive wheel at the end of the camshafts has slipped round has anyone ever heard of this before

D

·
0 Posts
hi im having problems with my 807 the problem is with the 2.0 16 valve engine the engine broke the timming belt and broke 9 rockers on building up engine the timming holes would not line up, checked keys in crank and camshaft pullys ok rechecked timming marks on the 2 camshaft pullys ok. only thing i can think of is the drive wheel at the end of the camshafts has slipped round has anyone ever heard of this before
What year model is your 807?
Post last eight of chassis. I need to find out which kind of crank pulley is on it.
It could be your problem if it is of a specific type.

D

·
0 Posts
Ok. You should have no problem. Are you pinning the flywheel from behind the starter?
Are you 180degrees out. Try turning the flywheel around again.
Have you fitted a new chain and tensioner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes pin in behind starter no 1 and 4 cylinder at tdc new chain and tensioner fitted. seems when i bring engine up to tdc it hits the valves

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok rechecked timming on chain it ok are the marks on the camshaft sprocket marked with yellow paint, also are them sprockets pressed onto the camshaft

1 - 9 of 9 Posts