Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,i know i dont post anything but can you help me please.
ive the chance to buy a 53 807 very cheaply but it has an anti pollution/electrical problem,anyone know if this will be mega expensive,any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated and ill owe you one ;) :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply betty,appreciate it,as im a complete balloon,what codes do you mean please mate :thumb:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Anti pollution is very generic it could mean theres a problem anywhere and it could cost from £0-£1000`s to fix , ideally you should have someone with the right codereader plug into the car and read the fault codes (and keep a copy of them , VERY IMPORTANT) it has stored in its memory, then from this you can work out were the fault is and how much too fix,
if you buy without doing this you should be saying to yourself did the last owner get the codes and realise it was too expensive too fix , ie this is where you come in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right thank you very much,i think ill leave this,its sounding expensive allready.thank you very much,i will keep you updated as i know your eager and have baited breath over this :rolleyes: :thumb: :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Will be interesting to see if you walked away from cracker or a bag of sh*t, with so many cheap cars about at the minute it`s a buyers market, always do like a joiner , measure twice and cut once.:thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok then,now im a bit more intrigued,who would have one of these code readers,AA,RAC? or anyone,ill ring up tomorrow and see what the bobby moore is,i hate to have a bargain slip through my fingers,im a tight git lol :D :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just wondering if anyone can help, i have a 54 reg 807 2.2hdi with an anti pollution fault. i took it to my local garage and they put it on diagnostics and it came up with a code P1425 which read add additive, the local garage did not know what to do with this and told me to contact the dealer. On doing this they said i need an additive put threw the particulate filter at £35 a litre and i need 5 litres plus 2 hours of labour this being quite expensive. on shopping around when i got back home i can buy a new particulate filter for £170 with the postage, does anyone know if buying a new one will cure the problem or does it still need any work by the dealer. Many thanks Simon.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Just buy the fluid from dealer replace yourself (or get someone to do it) then find someone near you with planet (search posts) to reset counters

·
Registered
1 Posts
anti pollution help req'd

Hi i have 54' REG 2.2 HDI 807 EXEC- it has just displayed the engine warning light-on reading the codes-P0020 and P00C2 i am wondering what i can do to fix it myself?- the 807 has @87k on the clock but a new engine fitted @13k ago, any help or advice please?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right,id even forgot i was a member here,sorry guys,rubbish i know.
right i didnt bother with the 03 plate.
i bought an 08 plate 2.0hdi SE model instead,its running with a faulty EGR valve at the moment,booked in for replacement,i will keep you updated with this as to my great displeasure i have been told its had an engine replacement and not running a particle filter,even though my model car is supposed to have one-the mind boggles.
Anyone with any sympathy who wants to put my mind at ease is more than welcome to comment lol :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bettyswollocks said:
No particle filter , Happy Days that`ll save you a fortune in money and Headaches.:thumb:
i need to get someone to check it over because it should have one but one isnt there lol.anyway i dont understand so i need to get it on a ramp and have a proper look.my mechanic said it threw him seeing vacuum pipes disconnected etc but it runs smooth as :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well after being told i needed a new egr valve which would cost 300 fitted,it turns out i only needed a bit of wiring and a plug for 30 quid.happy days,seems to have sorted the de-pollution problem aswell.need to look forward to its first MOT in march now lol

D

·
0 Posts
P1425 relates to exhaust temperature. How do they think its to do with particle fluid low.
Get a second opinion. I'd be looking at the exhaust temp sensor first to make sure its doing its job. It is essential in triggering a regeneration.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my car at the moment may aswell be one of them clown cars that panels just fall off.
doing my nut in it is :nono::nono:

D

·
0 Posts
P1425 is a temp sensor problem. Not an add fluid code.
Get a second opinion from someone who knows what they're talking about!

·
Registered
2 Posts
807 anti pollution fault

Hi there! I have a 807 with anti pollution problem. I take it to the local garage where they removed de particle filter to save money and remove de error, so they said.
Since them i've never driven the 807 for 1 day without going to the garage. always the same anti pollution fault and lack of power. Can anyone help me. Even the garage owner do not know what to do. He send it to bosh car servise but the problem continue. Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts