Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just bought an 807 2.2 HDI EXECUTIVE, 65000 Miles yesterday and think it is the dogs! I have looked on here for any faults before buying and inspected the car, Cam belt has been done, no water in the footwells, checked the rear carpets for moisture, all electrics work full service history and so on.

But have just started reading about FAP and reservoirs? I am totaly lost, should i be worried and how do i check the level. Any advice would be much appreciated on the car in general:confused:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Take the FAP off and give it a good rinse with a hose. Only way to check the level of OELYS? is to unscrew the cap on the additive tank underneath and dip a length of wire in to see how full it is, or unbolt it and guess how much is in by how much it weighs. You can top it up easily enough with a can of the fluid from Peugeot.

·
Registered
15,155 Posts
Most FAP problems are due to poor maintenance or glow plug faults

Glow plugs are used to regenerate the FAP don't assume because the car starts the glowplugs are fine it DOES NOT need them to start !!

Having said that its not worth worrying about unless you are getting faults coming up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts