Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum and pugs, we have a 807 that the blowers have a mind of there own, sometimes working fine but most of the time not coming on at all and quite frequently deciding to come on on there own. Please somebody be able to help

·
6,094 Posts
It would be good if you introduced yourself see HERE before asking for help.

There are multi heater fans on the 807. The fans do not run without the engine running (stupid design on all Pug's).

If you have climate control can you manually set fan speed etc. if all other heater controls work OK.

I would look at the electronic speed controller (hedgehog) these can fail and give intermitted fan operation.

A blocked pollen filter can make the fan work hard of failing fan bearings or age can cause speed controller to fail

Or could be fault with climate control unit (need to get codes read with planet)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it has climate control, the dial that does the fan speed doesn't seem to do anything until the fans decide to kick in then I can turn them up and and down. Had a look for the pollen filter and it seems it hasn't got one fitted at the moment. Where abouts is the hedgehog thing? I've scanned for fault codes using the torque app on my phone, should that bring anything up about heater fans

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The fan is fine, at least it is on ours, still runs fine after 200K but it did stop working a couple of years ago and I found the cause was due to corroded contacts. You need to remove the glovebox and this will expose the fan, remove the two plugs and replace them a couple of times and see if the fan works. If no luck you need to remove the fan and carefully take it apart to do the same thing with the internal 60amp connectors. Not sure if there is such a thing as a hedgehog, the fan controller on the 807 is solid state.

·
6,094 Posts
The speed control module is fitted to the heater blower unit. As above check connections first. Solid state controller's are known as hedgehogs due to cooling fins on the unit which are absent on the non digital resistor type.

Your fault code reader will only pick up power train faults you need planet to read body system fault codes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your help, luckily the garage I bought the car from are going to sort it for us. Fingers crossed I won't be posting any more threads lol

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Good news, try and check that the pollen filter housing is present like on ours, the housing is what the wheelbrace is clipped, often they are not replaced by mechanics who can't be bothered (they are a pain to fit) and as a consequence rain will drip onto the engine through the grille just in front of the windscreen.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like ours has the housing, found out last night how much of a swine it is to refit, obviously the garage who did the last service couldnt be bothered with fitting a filter tho. Looks like something else I need to buy for it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the car back from the garage, they said they've had to order a new heater blower motor because ours is dead, seems a bit odd it needs a new one when it is now working again lol. So seems like it as definitely the connection like you all said so thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts