Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering if anyone could look at these parameters and data for me and tell me if there is anything that jumps out as being the fault to my non starter. Its an 807 2.2 HDI exec using a bosch injection system the one with the in tank lift pump and no priming bulb at filter housing here is a few things I have done after scouring the forums.

Checked and cleaned earths from gear box to leg posts and the ones behind head lights.
Checked all fuses in bsi (nightmare) and under bonnet fuse box including the maxi fuses.
Started to unwrap loom and search for broken wires couldn't find anything to Obvious its like searching for a needle in a hay stack.
Replaced battery with brand new one.
Tried loosening the under foot earth when it freed it wouldn't tighten completely had to put a washer round and tighten best I could but looks in good shape.
Topped up coolant levels.
On cranking batt drops from 12.4v to 8.2v.
Key transponder marker being recognised and also getting key reminder message on screen and musical chime although I found whilst in economy mode I never got this and had to look via planet to see if key marker was recognised economy mode only went off due to replacement of battery only found this happens if you follow the three minute rule I found a post from reliable about changing the battery then don't touch nothing not even close the door walk away and get some tea that's exactly what I did and it popped out of economy mode musical chime with key in and key reminder on display.
I am getting additive reached limit fault(don't know if this would cause non start).
Also vehicle speed fault speed info transmission on multiplex network. Didn't bother with codes as I no you guys like live data.
Also wouldn't start with easy start.

Parameters 1

Engine crank speed - 129 rpm (I thought this to be very low)

Fuel pressure - 365 Bar (Highest reading)

Pressure Regulator - 40%

Injection Flow set point - 50mm3/stroke

Injector flow - on 1. 0.04mm3/stroke

2. 0.04mm3/stroke

3. 0.04mm3/stroke

4. 0.04mm3/stroke

Parameters 2

Engine sped - 129 Bar

Pre Injection advance - 12

3RD Piston deactivation - NO

Turbo pressure measured - 1012mbs

Turbo ref value - 80mbs

Turbo pressure Elect value - 53%

Atmospheric pressure - 1012mbs

Coolant temp - 3 DEG C

I have performed an actuators test and every thing seems fine the ecu is not locked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I will give it ago some time this week and get back to you, did the info I gave look ok then and I take it not firing or even attempting to fire on easy start is nothing to worry about? thanks.

·
Registered
14,945 Posts
sometimes they wont fire on easy start if they are turning slow all your readings say it SHOULD fire other than the slow cranking speed.

Is there anything happened prior to the non starting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no not really it has been rather cold here in recent times not getting up past 3 most days and if it doesn't fire up on a tow I'm going to go over it again with a fine tooth comb as I feel I might have missed a broken wire or something but like I said in the post the battery goes down to about 8.2 volts on cranking maybe iv missed an earth or that one under drivers feet is dodgy. thanks again mate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes I suppose it would wouldn't it ok then we'll leave it at that ill go and arrange a tow start sometime over the next couple of days and report back with what happens thanks ever so much talk soon.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Bit worried about you saying the underfoot earth isn't the best, it is a miserable piece of work even when in perfect condition and is critical for everything on the car.
Try adding a jump lead from battery - terminal to the cylinder head to see if there is any improvement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that WYNB all being well I will have the whole day to spend on it tomorrow I will try that and report the outcome tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, sorry for delayed update. Performed the tow start and guess what got it started thanks so much for your help reliable406 I ran it up hot and it seems fine I shall let it cool of for a few hours and see if it starts or if there is still cranking issues? WYNB I had the underfoot strap extracted as it was just spinning wouldn't tighten or loosen and re-bolted to the floor pan so hope that's sorted thanks again.

Just a quick question I have the chance to get a 55 plate one of these dirt cheap its clean and only done 79000 at the moment its a non starter the lady says that it was diagnosed as head gasket failure as its loosing coolant very slowly and upon cranking there is what seems to be exhaust gasses coming from the header tank would this point in that general direction I could go and put it on planet and see what comes back?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,945 Posts
This is why i always say if readings look good just tow it it can save so much time :)
Now it has started it will be fine

The other 1 sounds like it is head gasket from your description although its not a common issue they may have lost too much water and let it get too hot problem is head gasket can be impossible to do as the injectors need to come out to get head off and they can be stuck solid !

·
Registered
14,945 Posts
Yes that sounds the most likely if it is still capable of running then the injectors MIGHT come out but they can be very stubborn and if they dont come out it cannot be fixed !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes its not running I popped to see it and when its cranking there is visible exhaust gases coming from a bone dry coolant tank. I think your suspicions about them letting it over heat excessively is bang on as I have read other posts where you have said that it is uncommon for hg's to go on these, I put it on planet just out of curiosity to see what was going on and under your advice from the problem with mine read the data and every thing says it should start, what a shame seems a case of neglect and a small problem has ended up being its demise. On a good note mine has been fine bit of extended cranking in the morning but I'm going to replace the starter motor at the weekend I think its had its day and iv got to admit I was giving it some when trying to get it fired up. thanks for your help on this one do appreciate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update on starter motor as promised, took me about an hour and a half and it has improved the cranking 10 fold so pleased with it, thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts