Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have the following problem. I have an 807 with a mistake. The engine does not start and no ECU lamp lights up. I tried to read errors but I could not access the ECU. hope for help

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Have you performed the beep test, close doors, try and start the car, switch off leave key in ignition and open drivers door. Do you hear a warning beep? If you do this confirms the key has been recognised and immobiliser de-activated so should start.
Get someone to turn on the ignition and you watch the fuel filter housing under the bonnet. Does it visibly swell? This confirms in tank pump is working.
Is the fuel good in the tank ie not petrol or contaminated diesel? Has the fuel filter been changed recently?
If still no go after carrying out these checks I think your next step would be to get a decent code reader plugged in, despite the absence of the eml lighting up, it will pick up issues such as low fuel pressure, cam/crank incoherence or poor signal from crank or cam sensors etc. Best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the position of the camshaft sensor on an 807 hdi 2.2. If this is defective, this may also have cause of missing ecu lamp. Thank you for your help

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
The engine light is not coming on because there is no power getting to the ecu OR there is a bad earth either of these will lead to no start AND no comms its nearly always wiring that causes issues on these.

Dont mess around with sensors or any other parts until you do get comms concentrate on getting the ecu working and its NOT the ecu thats the issue !

As above do the beep test and check the pump is pumping but wiring can also stop the pump also later 2.2 wont have a pump you dont say what age it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the problem found .. That car not only starts, but it is synonymous no high beam and I have measured all the fuses all are OK but the problem is that no electricity arrives down here, this whole series as marked on my picture

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-bdcf57-1560488371.jpg.html

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Comms unit is the box of tricks under the steering column that contains the indicator/wiper stalks. Remove the covers and check the connections to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Comms unit has power

All other things work. Turn signal and light horn

I have the feeling that it is on the bsm

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Its possible the BSM fusebox is faulty i have seen a few like this over years just wanted to confirm other supplies first what about the beep test result ?

The fault can be bypassed temporarily on the fusebox if it is the fusebox but im sure the ecu would still power up with the normal fault you say you have no engine light.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried the test, it comes a little beep from the speedometer .. I think bell rings 5x but I'm not sure if this piep test you mean ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, I forgot to say .. I also tried the pump alone with 12v to operate, pump has worked, front fuel came to but engine has not started yet.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
You cannot power individual parts thats not going to work as various relays need to switch to power all the systems up
You have still not told us the age of the vehicle this makes a difference im guessing older model due to fusebox pic you posted and fact it has a pump find the double relay and check for power at it.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Under bonnet there are various locations also being 2003 it might have a fuel trip switch under bonnet PRESS it !

Relay is brown or black it is mostly found next to ecu but in all honesty they move around over the years it is exactly as described a double size relay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a new update. It looks like not only the start does not work, but many other things. Parking light does not work, wiper does not work and the electronic windows do not work ..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts