Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 807 2003 2.2 HDI with 110K on the clock. I've had the car for over a year and since I've owned it I've replaced the CAM belt as well as water pump. Naturally at that time I would have put new coolant fluid in the system. I've driven the car for over 10K miles without any issues, however from time to time especially on long journeys I notice a low coolant level warning flash on the dash. When I open the expansion valve cap with engine cold I notice quite a bit of air pressure being released and the coolant level rises automatically to the correct level. I don't actually need to top it up. The engine operating temperature holds well and I never noticed either any coolant loss nor and over heating. The car appears to have good service history. Any suggestions on what could be causing this condition? Should I check that the correct radiator cap is fitted perhaps even replace it as a pre-caution? Could it be that I put the wrong grade of coolant when I replaced the W/P? note: I bought all the parts from Eurocarparts according to my numberplate. Is it a sign of weak rubber coolant hoses which are about to burst, or is it something more sinister such as the start of a head gasket? Any suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Head gaskets rarely go on these and when they do the heater goes cold engine overheats and it uses LOADS of coolant there is always some pressure when you open cap on a hot engine.

I would expect you may have an airlock in 1 of the pipes drive it for a few miles with the cap off and heater on see if the level goes down if it does top it up and replace cap heater should always blow hot if it gets cool when idling there is air in system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts