Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought an 807 2.2 diesel and it seems to have a number of warning lights etc.....
1, Anti pollution warning
2, Diesel additive warning (although i am told it was refilled)
3, Engine management light (intermitant)
4, Loss of power (intermitant)

I have heard nightmare stories and £££££££££££££ please give me some good news someone as i spent my last few quid on this motor for the family that is growing !!!

HELP !!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Not the most reliable of Peugeots to be honest. Make sure the timing belt is done. If your not sure get it done ASAP.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Dave
I also purchased a C8 to cope with family demands all was ok for the first week then i had the same faults as yourself . I had the fluid topped up and reset at local citroen garage they reset the counters which they said did not always go to plan i also removed the dpf filter and jet washed it out all now seems to be ok apart from i do get the ocasional engine management light on this is genrally on long runs when im driving economicaly but this normally clears after a few days when i give the car back to the wife she has a heavy right foot . I would like to remove the dpf filter to hopefully do away with all the bother but as yet have not built up the courage if any one can help would be much appreciated .

regards
:thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

thanks guys gives me something to go at...im looking at buying a pp2000 set up £80 or so..... hopefully it should pay for itself in one use.....

i will then have some codes to go by......

will be back with more detail hopefully and if i get sorted i will post updates.

Thanks again guys !!!

Dave

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Guys, check the swirl flap diaphragm is closing when revs drop below 2000, on the right side of the cylinder head. If diaphragm is holed flaps remain open generating P0254 turbo low boost but its nothing to do with the turbo! Fault will clear as long as car does not have any prolonged period at 50, New part is £30 from Peugeot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts