Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am in South Africa, a good friend of mine owns a 807 2.2 diesel. It does not want to start, although when you initialy crank the engine it does seem to want to start then theres just nothing. I had the lexia on it.....crank speed 180rpm, fuel pressure round about 300bar, crank/cam synchronization= YES. However what strikes me as funny is that we have a permanent fault - crankshaft/camshaft synchronization - Camshaft sensor no signal, which comes up every time after cranking the engine? There is also post/pre heat relay stuck failure, which I do not think is stopping it from starting? Any ideas? I am unable to get to the cam sensor as on the 807 the engine is below the dash, leaning backwards, I cannot even see the sensor, nevermind get to it or its connector. I cannot figure how we would get cam/crank sync=yes if the cam sensor is not outputting signal as the fault code suggests?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi everyone, I am in South Africa, a good friend of mine owns a 807 2.2 diesel. It does not want to start, although when you initialy crank the engine it does seem to want to start then theres just nothing. I had the lexia on it.....crank speed 180rpm, fuel pressure round about 300bar, crank/cam synchronization= YES. However what strikes me as funny is that we have a permanent fault - crankshaft/camshaft synchronization - Camshaft sensor no signal, which comes up every time after cranking the engine? There is also post/pre heat relay stuck failure, which I do not think is stopping it from starting? Any ideas? I am unable to get to the cam sensor as on the 807 the engine is below the dash, leaning backwards, I cannot even see the sensor, nevermind get to it or its connector. I cannot figure how we would get cam/crank sync=yes if the cam sensor is not outputting signal as the fault code suggests?
you have already answered your problem you need to fix the sensor or wire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the crank/cam = yes even if no signal is coming from the cam sensor, I thought the both the cam and crank sensor signals are used to determine the syn=yes/no, and only when yes the injector pulses are given?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Have you checked for key still being coded as if you have the things you say it should start although the cranking speed is a little low but should be enough but it wont start if key not matched /recognised.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the advice, really appreciated. Where in pp2000 can I check whether key matched? On initial turning of the key, it does try to start and then nothing, surely the key is then matched?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
After trying to start with closed front door, leave the key in and open the door, if you get a musical chime with warning 'key in ignition' then key is good.
Can change cam sensor but it is difficult, search for 2.2 engines on Ebay to get a view of the sensor. Best to do it with eyes closed and don't drop its little screw!
Our difficult starting was caused by a defective cam sensor now 100% since changing it. Don't think it is needed for running as engine was fine if it started.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the front drivers door need to be closed for the car to start? Will the open drivers door stop the car starting?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Door open or closed won't stop engine starting. New sensors come with a little plastic shoulder on the rim that you push up tight to the cam pulley creating the correct gap. Don't bother trying to measure the gap!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info, much appreciated, does one need to bring the camshaft to a specific position before fitting the sensor against the cam pulley, I am not sure what the trigger on the pulley looks like? Does the little plastic shoulder get eaten away as the engine turns or how?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You worry almost as much as me! Think the trigger plate on the pulley is flush. Shoulder gives you the correct clearance but will wear a bit as soon as engine starts so measuring the gap will be needed if you fit a s/h part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts