Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help, I have a 2002 806 XL Auto, The gear inticator on the dashboard is flashing and although this happened intermittantly before I was able to reset by stopping, switching the ignition off and restarting the engine, this is no longer possible,

I am concerned this is related to a problem with the Auto gearbox but Peugeot UK has fobbed me off ( could be they don't know?):eek:

Please help a pensioner currently in Spain (Where the local dealer also has no idea, but they also diagnosed an electronic ignition fault as a fuel injection problem.

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

The total fault was that the automatic gear indicator on the centre dashboard flashed, in addition although drive and reverse could be selected individual gears in the manual setting could not also selection of drive gave only one gear ( one under top ) so at 65mph the RPM was 4000, not economical but at least "Get you home"

Well I have managed to resolve the problem (That is the mechanic at the Peugeot Garage in Huercal Overa in Almeria Spain did) and of course at the end of the day the solution was simple, this however is rather annoying that Peugeot UK was unable to advise and there was no apparent listing under trouble shooting in the handbook, you being the only other to attempt to help, so thanks for that.

The problem was a blown fuse in the panel under the dash, the computer checking software failed to pick it up and there was no obvious pointers. So it was just old fashion mechanical knowhow and experience. Well done Francisco Sanchez.

Thanks again

Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
307 Jumping forward on low revs drive

John

I notice you have a 307, have you ever encountered a problem where the car jumps forward at low speed and revs, my automatic in UK often does this when least expected.

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
hi peter,
i have only had this problem once, felt like a stall pulling away at traffic lights, but was followed by a very low clutch, stopped restarted the car (as that normally does the trick) but loads smoke appeared from under the bonnet and a squeel, when the clutch is pressed...turned out it was the release bearing. £250 later all sorted....

so what im saying it might be a gear selection problem...i also hear that the auto 307 has a dual mass flywheel that is made of chedder and breaks at the slightest thing...loads of threads regarding this... worth a look to see if you get the same symptoms.

hope this helps :thumb:

john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts