Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i brought a 806 from a dealer, he took it in P/X and was told by the previous owner that he thought the clutch had gone as he couldn't get it into gear, it was making the usual crunching noise, anyway i brought it, when i tried to get it home (less than 2 miles away) the clutch and gearbox worked perfectly, now ive not used it much but the problem has come back, i read somewhere it could be the clutch ball socket, has anyone else had similar problems and if so what was the cure?
Thanks $_86.JPG

·
Registered
192 Posts
These don't have a clutch ball socket, so it wont be that.

Could be the cables or the clutch itself. Does it go into gear with the engine off?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The pivot on the clutch pedal where the master cylinder attaches is probably what they are refering to as the ball socket it wears and the pushrod does not push down properly in bad cases the pedal actually snaps.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The pivot on the clutch pedal where the master cylinder attaches is probably what they are refering to as the ball socket it wears and the pushrod does not push down properly in bad cases the pedal actually snaps.
Oh right, I was thinking about the ball/socket that the old BE3 gearbox had.

So could be a bit of a bugger to get at then :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i have checked and my clutch works by cable, it is not hydraulic
the white plastic thing on the photo is the ball socket i was refering to, i assumed when i read on a post on another site this was the ball socket they was talking about, a mobile mechanic said its the clutch plate but i cant see that being a intermittent problem, my history with worn clutch plates is when they go they go for good clutch.JPG

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Could be the self adjusting clamp that is part of the cable is not gripping correctly - somebody may have tried to oil the cable at the pedal end which would have got to the clamp. Not a good idea. I'd try fitting a new cable, best to get an original part.
One of the best things about the 807 is its hydraulic clutch, the cable clutch on an 806 is painful on the knees after a day in town.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That lever in your pic is not a cable lever that looks more like a push clutch type lever there are many different versions and if its a cable clutch i doubt it even has that set up i would agree with wynb the self adjust part of the cable may be slipping as people oil the cable because they are very heavy and the oil can make the adjuster slip

There are also plastic guides in the box for the clutch lever in some versions and these can break you really need to confirm what box you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clutch now sorted

clutch problem sorted, it was the self adjusting clutch cable, got a new one off Ebay for £19,99 and it cured the problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the mechanic did warn me at the time the cable might be at its limit because the clutch is, it drove great then I tried to move it on the drive and something went bang, he reckons the bearing gave up, I've ran out of money now so passing it on to someone else to spend money on it, the car with the conversion and the bits I've already replaced owes me over a £1000, I'm gutted but I would rather take a big loss rather than get the clutch fixed only to find something else goes, I hope it sells @ £400

1 - 13 of 13 Posts