Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd post in 'alf an hour! My 2001 806 (petrol) has been modified to replace the front passenger seat with an electric wheel-chair. The mod includes an electric 'lift' mechanism that lifts the wheel-chair into and out of the car (complete with occupant). The lift mechanism is powered from the car's 12v system. The wheel-chair has its own 24v system (two dedicated 12v batteries strapped as 24v). the conversion was done professionally, by 'Constables'. The car came with a mains driven charger for the chair batteries.
I would like to fit a split charger circuit of some sort, that would deliver a 24v trickle charge from the cars 12v system (only when the car is running, of course). Does anyone out there have any idea whether this is an achievable objective and/or how to go about it? Should welcome any suggestions/advice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
to charge the 24v battery you would have to "unstrap" them and reconfigure them as a separate pair of 12V batteries
you can't easily charge 24V from 12V

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The idea occurred to me because of summat I spotted on ebay viz a 12v/24v split-charge relay unit (presumably it contains a convertor of some description?). Does that make the idea any less fanciful?

Chargers - Car - Split Charging Systems

This device, according to the web bumf, will deliver an 8A output. I sent an enquiry to their web site but they haven't responded. Either they think I'm insane, or they don't know, or perhaps can't really be bothered!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh! I read too much into it. Thanks anyway for taking the trouble to reply. (They clearly think I'm insane - ha ha!!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts